D3DX9_26.dll - now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3DX9_26.dll - now what?

Ok, this is my error, I think there is a post above that tries to solve the problem, but I am having trouble.

Now I can get the file off the net with ease, but the game will not recognize itself if I do. So the file needs to be from the CD.
    I have reistalled the CD 4 times now, I have tried custom install to get the right files. . . So, I am at a loss here. Could someone please give me a step by step way to finally play this game?

yours,

It wouldn't hurt if you gave the actual error messag, or said where you thought you put the file.

Run the DirectX setup off the CD, reboot, and the file should be in place. It worked for me, without any other stuff.

Comment

'This application has failed to start because D3DX9_26.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Thing is, I have re-installed it many times >.<

Comment

Run the DirectX file from the CD.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
          Run the DirectX file from the CD.

Some people can't do that, like me for example....I get an error message when it tries to install directx that says "file cant be trusted, installation cancelled" or something...

Comment

Hmm. Haven't seen that, and not sure what to make of it. A new download of dx 9.0c from MS should do it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by seebs
              A new download of dx 9.0c from MS should do it, though.
              That's not good enough. Civ uses some dx 9 routines that Microsoft hasn't even released yet. It has to be installed from the CD.

Comment

Originally posted by existentialvoid
                'This application has failed to start because D3DX9_26.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Thing is, I have re-installed it many times >.<
                Have you gone to the support page of the Civ 4 web site? I believe they have a posting that deals with the problem you're having.

Never mind, I just checked and they don't.
                Last edited by Willem; October 30, 2005, 04:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

That's not good enough. Civ uses some dx 9 routines that Microsoft hasn't even released yet. It has to be installed from the CD.

Heres' exactly what it says when I try to install it from the disc:

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted."

Does anyone know whats' wrong?

Comment

Okay, net question: You say "it" says. What's it? System error message? Error message from your firewall? Error message from your antivirus? Which program is producing this error message?

Comment

Originally posted by seebs
                      Okay, net question: You say "it" says. What's it? System error message? Error message from your firewall? Error message from your antivirus? Which program is producing this error message?

I believe its' from the program, since it says "DirectX" at the top of the error window.

Edit: Not sure, though...It could be the system.

Its' definitely not firewall or antivirus though.

Comment

Btw, how do I tell where the error message is coming from?

Comment

Well, I replaced the faulty component DLL, and now its' running at least, but the graphics are screwed up...

All the terrain tiles are black, and all the world leaders look like nothing but a pair of floating eyeballs and dentures....Plus theres' some audio-skipping in the intro, but that I can live with.

Comment

I can't run it off the CD - and the MS version does not work - which means, the Civ people wrote a bit of code that is
                            1) so advanced that even our comps will not take it
                            2) decided that MS was not worthy
                            3) did not release to the public so we can torrent the damned files and play the game.

All in all, this was all a bit rushed.

I will try from the CD again, but it jammes my computer and that cannot be good - a new computer, top of the line stuff. . . should never jam.

Comment

Originally posted by existentialvoid
                              I can't run it off the CD - and the MS version does not work - which means, the Civ people wrote a bit of code that is
                              1) so advanced that even our comps will not take it
                              2) decided that MS was not worthy
                              3) did not release to the public so we can torrent the damned files and play the game.

All in all, this was all a bit rushed.

I will try from the CD again, but it jammes my computer and that cannot be good - a new computer, top of the line stuff. . . should never jam.
                              * sigh *

No, the version on the CD isn't released yet by MS (probably will be shortly)

Try to copy it manually to your civ root folder.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X