culture buildup WITHOUT starting religions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• culture buildup WITHOUT starting religions

is it possible to make a go of it as a culture-leader in the game without being the great spawner of religions?

Most people who've posted seem to be going for religions (at least one)... but if they are *such* an advantage wouldn't that make "spiritual" civs the only real option for people who want to take a peaceful/cultural-expansion approach to the game -- which can't be right.

I've played enough of the game in the few hours I've had with it so far as a non-spiritual civ (with no realistic shot at the early religions) to know that there are culture-building things to go for that don't require you to be the first-founder and promulgator of a religion -- I just wonder if it is enough to offset the culture value of holy cities, etc.

Any thoughts?

Well, one wonder gives you +8 culture, which is more than you get from the holy city... (Though you don't get the +1 from other cities).

If you don't focus on religion, then I'd say you'd have to focus on getting the wonders.

Comment

Creative is a good trait to go for culture (+2 for every city right from the start). If you persue this coupled with some wonders you should be ahead of religious civs.

Btw, I discovered that a spiritual leader doesn't mean you start with mystic. Seems as if the advance is coupled with the civ and not the leader... and I thought choosing Mansa Musa was a clever idea.
      I'm not too bad though and I did find hinduism.. don't ask me how... must be "noble".

Comment

Working...
      X