No announcement yet.

Throwing some love at the TERRA map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played my second game on a large map - terra - the only thing though - Noble is too easy - I'm always the first one to discover and colonize «America»
    «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
      There was screenshot over at CivFanatics about that. The Barbs had Riflemen, and had built a Wonder of all things. Once again the Barbs will be a force to be reckoned with. Lovely!

Oh sorry, it was Makahlua's barbarian thread here at Poly.
      What's the difference between a barb civ and a normal civ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

What's the difference between a barb civ and a normal civ?
        You're asking the wrong person that question, I don't have the game yet. By the looks of it very little, except you won't be able have any diplomatic relations or trade with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Niptium
          I played my second game on a large map - terra - the only thing though - Noble is too easy - I'm always the first one to discover and colonize «America»
          I'm finding this to be true as well. Time to raise the difficulty if I'm going with Terra maps.

Much fun though - the barbs in the New World actually razed one of my two cities, and I'm rushing troops overseas to fortify my other fledgling colony. Cool.

Edit: Forgot to mention something else that has made a return: first to circumnavigate the globe gets a sea movement bonus. VERY COOL!
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Wow, a CtP feature has made its way into Civ4-that is EXCELLENT. I always said that CtP 1 and 2 had good points about them, and that a Civ game which incorporated the best elements of CtP and the original civ games would be sooo great-and it seems like they have taken that advice.

As for barbarians, I would love the next step to be an ability to perform minor levels of diplomacy with barb civs-perhaps on a city-by-city basis. The main difference between 'real' civs and 'barb' civs-in game terms-should be the pace of tech and city development, IMO. Who knows, maybe in a mod eh?

Yours,
            Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

i really enjoy the Terra maps also..

The first game I played (didn't finish, though), I made it to the New World, and seen a lvl 11 Barb city.

Game I am playing now, I nearly got crushed by several Barbarians coming from different directions last night....

Comment

It's like finding Tenochtitlan and looting them of all their gold... I'm about to conquer a huge bard city I found... Nice to have an already developed heathen city to which I can spread Hindiuism.

Comment

I haven't thought about spreading religions to barbs ? Can you ?

Comment

The thing is I know these cities are actually achieving something because when you get to see the replay and you see these barb cities accomplishing different things and flashing dots appear here and there on the nude «unknown continent» map.

Comment

I'm also loving the Terra map.

Comment

Finally researched Optics on my Terra map. now the fun begins.
                        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Niptium
                          I haven't thought about spreading religions to barbs ? Can you ?
                          Nope - I tried and it wouldn't let me. So I took their city and THEN converted them.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Does anyone know if it will be possible down the line to tweak AI behavior slightly on certain map types? Or if that is going to be too opaque to be modded (even once they expose it in the eventual SDK)

I can't imagine the AI is going to play a 'trick' map like this well (and it's a pretty large and obvious trick!)

I've had a similar problem on Continents, where if I wipe out my neighbor, no one comes knocking until I've amassed a monster tech lead. Guess I need to knock the difficulty up a few notches from Noble.

Comment

I can't imagine the AI is going to play a 'trick' map like this well (and it's a pretty large and obvious trick!)
                              It doesn't now, and I don't think it ever will.

However, unless multiplayer tends to be over before the colonial period these maps should prove to be amazingly great multiplayer fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X