Navy blockading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy blockading?

Is this possible? I know I can destroy sea improvements... but can I block trade going into a city with a ship?

Point me to the documentation in the game or manual too please. Thanks.

I haven't gotten that far yet, though I have read that it can be done much easier than in Civ3. Nothing in the manual mentions naval blockade.
    If you have a ship next to the enemy port, is there a new command available??

I doubt even the playtesters have much experience with that. May have to get it from Firaxis.

Comment

Yes, you can blockade cities. The info isn't in the Manual or the Civopedia, but the popup you get when you build your first combat ship says it.

I think the game mechanic is the same as when you put units on a farm to prevent them from farming.

Comment

When you put a ship at an enemy's city, it prevents the city from working any of the ocean squares. As for the trade between it and another city, I don't know. The AI's not done it to me yet so I can't tell.

Comment

Thanks for the info- but this sucks it isn't documented at all in a way that is meaningful.

I wonder exactly if it matters which square you place it in, for example which square for a city that is on an island of 1 tile??

Comment

Working...
          X