No announcement yet.

Civilopedia? Thumbs up or down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperlinks are your friend Mister Civilopedia. Please learn to use them....

And for that matter context help is also your friend...

Comment

Horrid, HORRID Civilopedia. In fact, in much of the game, where you think you should be able to click for more information, you cannot. This is espcially grievous in the Civilopedia, which feels very beta/fixitinthenextpatch.

I found myself wanting to click for more information all game long... with no results. With so many new changes and things, this is a pretty bad oversight.

Venger

Comment

Thumbs down. Changing a few simple things would make it much easier to navigate.

-Add text along with the existing icons
        -Make the blue text actually hyperlink to the relevent civilopedia entry
        -Add a Wonders of the World list (why is this missing?)

I noticed you can apparantly get to the Wonders civilopedia entries by going to the tech tree, right clicking on a tech that gives a wonder, then click on the wonder icon. This brings you to the wonder's info screen, and also shows all the other wonders in the list on the right side. It seems they simply forgot to add the link to the Wonders section in the civilopedia itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Venger
          I found myself wanting to click for more information all game long... with no results. With so many new changes and things, this is a pretty bad oversight.
          Me too, right click doesn't bring up the civilopedia anymore

Comment

ABSOLUTELY, thumbs down. The icon wall was a bad idea. I hope someone comes up with a mod for it soon; maybe something akin to the metasearch tool (spotlight) in mac os x.

Comment

Once you click on an icon an alphabetic list pops up on the right... I think...
              "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

No cross linking.. booh.. thumbs down

Comment

It could use some work.

It will become more useful as I learn by sight what the icons are, but not knowing my away around the new stuff, it is just a colorful load of confusion. Which is a shame, because this is the point I need to consult it the most. Other forms of navigation around the Civlopedia did not seem immediately intuitive, and I too miss hyperlinks. There also seem to be logic lapses. For example, I read up on missionaries, and unless I missed something (possible in the Civlopedia jumble) it didn’t say how to spread religion. Pretty key missing info there.
                  "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Comment

Certainly could use a few improvements, all of which have been mentioned previously. I will say the most grevious error seems to be no cross linking. I really can't say how much of an oversight this appears to be. From the state of the Civilopedia, it appears maybe it was one of the last things completed before the game had to be mastered. It should be easily modded and/or fixed in a patch.

This makes since though, as I would GUESS that the beta testers were not needing to reference the Civilopedia as much as we are. Thus, the population now is tearing it apart.

Comment

Comment

I find it hard to believe that the Civilopedia went through any user testing at all.

The icons are horrible. Trying to figure out which one you want in a row of 30 of them is impossible.

Comment

Working...
                          X