this and that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this and that

While playing i've discovered a few things and i'll post about them here... HOpefully others will too.

- there appear to be no paratroopers

- Tiles not only have a dual designation (like hills/forest) but can also have a triple designation. hill/forest/tundra

- Forest expands automatically given time. Way cool

- I found a few graphical glitches, (like minimap screwed up) or the orbital view screwed up, but somehow it has fixed itself after a couple of turns. (***Edit: okay, this is annoying - the culture expanded and woosh - minimap and globeview screwed up again)

Anybody know how "+1 first strike" works?
    Last edited by MattPilot; October 26, 2005, 14:10.

How does your minimap get screwed up? Black or all fancy colors?

First Strikes give the unit a chance to fight an extra round of combat and deal the other unit some damage.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It looks like its smeared. Globeview looks like a puzzle consisting of tiles that got randomized.

Also noticed:

- In diplomacy, i can't see the modifiers for the relationship. How can i turn them on? YOu know, the +1 for open boarders etc... ?

- Also very interesting thing in the option menu. "stack attack" - No explanation as to how it exactly works or what it exactly does. hmmm.

Comment

You see the relationship modifiers by mouseovering the leader name on the score display, his portrait on Foreign Advisor or I think his leadhead during diplomacy.

"Stack attack" isn't as exciting as it sounds. Just lets you take a group of 5 units, order them all to attack, and then 5 attacks will happen automatically.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

MattPilot, isn't there a "drop" promotion? The icons I saw in the prerelease info indicated that...
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Re: this and that

Originally posted by MattPilot
            - Forest expands automatically given time. Way cool
            Just like in SMAC? Cool!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Does forest also expand to titles who are already improved? Like losing a farm because the forest spreads to it?

Comment

That doesn't happen IRL, so why should it here?
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  That doesn't happen IRL, so why should it here?
                  Just wanted to make sure it does no do this because that would be annoying

Comment

Working...
                  X