Translation of "Baba Yetu".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate that song
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

It grows on you, I hum it unaware sometimes... But it does sound an awful lot like it could´ve been in the Lion King. I can see the baboon lifting the little cub up so all the animals can see him with the music in the background working it´s way up to a furious crescendo
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg

Doesn´t it say roughly the same about every religions holy shrine? I´m not at home now so I can´t check. But I wouldn´t be at all surprised if that was the case. Just as the game is geared towards a free market democracy instead of communism...
        You what? Play a few games with the State Property civic and see if you still believe that.
        Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

State Property.

Perhaps WE are geared towards a Free Market/Democracy game?
          "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
          "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
          "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

145 down loads

145 pissed off?

its just a song...move on folks
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Also, I like Swahili Gospel as much as the next guy, but doesn't it seem suspicious that they used this theme song in the game wherein they also 86'd the Zulu?

"Firaxian Talent Manager: Look, Shaka, baby, the Mali were bigger, richer, and more culturally influential. But they can't sing. Everyone knows that. We think you'd be able to contribute more to the organization as a baritone rather than an Agg/Exp leaderhead. No hard feelings?

Shaka: You are very lucky they thought to confiscate my iklwa at the door."
              "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
              "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
              "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Very nice song, and thanks for the translation

(this is coming from an atheist who likes music)
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by JackRudd

You what? Play a few games with the State Property civic and see if you still believe that.
                  I´ll try it.
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

State Property.
                    Watermills, Workshops, Windmills a go-go.
                    Anything to get me away from Towns.

Comment

Thanks a ton....now I appreciate that piece of music even more.

Comment

Originally posted by CarnalCanaan
                        Also, I like Swahili Gospel as much as the next guy, but doesn't it seem suspicious that they used this theme song in the game wherein they also 86'd the Zulu?

"Firaxian Talent Manager: Look, Shaka, baby, the Mali were bigger, richer, and more culturally influential. But they can't sing. Everyone knows that. We think you'd be able to contribute more to the organization as a baritone rather than an Agg/Exp leaderhead. No hard feelings?

Shaka: You are very lucky they thought to confiscate my iklwa at the door."
                        That nearly made me spew my drink onto my computer...

Comment

Originally posted by Mylon
                          So... Where can I find the opening movie and the official web site music? Without the sound effects and in good quality.

And Son of David is right... From the Civilopedia:

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty biased.
                          It does say the same thing about each religons shrine, it basicly gives you that religons viewpoint on the shrine. However I wish they had taken more of a chance of offending people and made the religons different and given them an effect on your style of play as well as including an "athesist" state religon much like we see in modern china (this is different than not having a state religon but it means your state religon is that no religion is real).

Planning a large post on this when I go into the perfect mod..after playing the game a few more times..

but perhaps christianity could be given a +to attacking along with islam? Bhuddism and hinduism given more happiness while toaism given the largest happiness but a hit to production (since I think taoism is big on living very simply in a cave). Judiaism would also have a large happines bonus but weaker missionaries since they really didn't have a missionary tradition at all. An athesist state would give you a bonus to production and science but a hit to happiness. I'm not a comparitive religons scholor but something like that should have been implimented..

As well where did you learn swhalli? And yes the interview with the zulu king was quite hilarious..quite glad I wasn't drinking at the time..
                          A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Working...
                          X