No announcement yet.

What is ics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so is pumping settlers and temples for the first 20 cities considered ICS? That was my only viable strategy - build Settlers, Warrior, Settlers, Temple, Settlers, Warrior, Settlers, Worker...
    Now what do I do?
    Tom P.

Comment

You could consider doing a few graneries, a barrack and a bit more workers in the cycle. At least when you got 10 cities you should be having size 6 cities pulling their weight.
      Lost sinse civilization 1.

Comment

IIRC the original ICS (although it wasnt called that) was first described on the Greek Civ Site and it refered to a process of building cities virtually side by side with boreholes between them.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
          OK, so is pumping settlers and temples for the first 20 cities considered ICS? That was my only viable strategy - build Settlers, Warrior, Settlers, Temple, Settlers, Warrior, Settlers, Worker...
          Now what do I do?
          Tom P.
          build something else. Or better yet: do not change your playstyle in your first game, but go in and try to get a feel of how much maintenance each new settler will cost. If you you do ICS, you will either go broke, or be conquered before you can settle your 6th city. Believe me, old habits can die very quickly

DeepO

Comment

Working...
          X