Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think they should've used the Black & White Engine in Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    Who was it that said like 6 years ago that Civ3 should've used the B&W engine? I made fun of him for a while.
    That was me; but that was before WoW; so I used B&W as the best example to draw from at the time.

I quickly found that many people on Apolyton are narrow minded, if you don't explain to them everything mathematically, they won't get half of what you're trying to get them to see.

For example, if I say "They should use B&W engine and modify it to suit Civilzation", people on Apolyton will not be able to comprehend the sentence and only understand this part: "Turn B&W into civilization"
    be free

Comment

Well We talk about Engine, not gameplay, But hmmm Graphics or Gameplay? Well why not Graphics is part of gameplay, I said full max both graphics and gameplay, not one other over one, yes it's better to have gameplay then graphics but it's far better to have a both!

Comment

I have b&w2- I have a fast machine (3200+, 1 GB, radeon 9800xt). The engine sucks. The mouse is slow and unresponsive when too much goes on in the screen (hell most of the time), menus are slow, hotspots are out of control in the 3d world, and the animations are limited.

NO THANKS!

Comment

Funny, I have no problem but little mouse problem, but fixed up, it's not a engine problem, try look up in Lionhead forum.

Comment

I don't get why the OP even asked this question or what answer hes looking for...

Comment

It would be extremely hard to use an engine designed for another game in such a large-scale game as Civ4. The graphics engine would have to be at least somewhat tile-based (or area-based, I guess) to work at all. The variation in heights is extremely low in a Civ game, and the whole graphical style wouldn't work that well on a less flexible engine.

Comment

I wonder if Lionhead will be able to succesfully market the BnW2 engine to any company, as buggy as the game is. The bugs are probably not totally a function of the engine, but it certainly is not a good advertisment. And, NO! I hope no other game uses that engine, especially a Civ game or expansion!

Comment

Working...
                X