Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O Jesus ! I'm gonna get 2 copies of Civ4 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was joking guys... ^^
    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Verenti

Haha! I've been known to sit down around a pitcher of Keith's (To drink anything else here, Is frankly Treason. "Those who like it, Like it a lot" and all that glorious rubbish.) with a little Hockey for Company.
      I've taken a great liking to Keith's, it goes down easy and is quite a tasty brew. It's pretty much replaced Kokanee as my beer of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ082
        I was joking guys... ^^
        No fault of yours, you stumbled on a psychological minefield by mistake...

Comment

You know as an immigrant to Canada it never ceases to amaze me how much natural born Canadians harp on this great country.

You folks have never known the agony and dispair of watching your country ripped apart by various forces, and frankly I think that too many people here just have nothing else to do but complain about their fellow countrymen.

I spent most of my life in Canada in Toronto and now I live in Vancouver. Are the people different? No, not in my eyes.
          When I went to Montreal did I feel like I was in a different country? No, granted that they spoke English with a French accent often, the people dressed the same and talked about the same things (hockey, girls/guys and beer).

As Disk Killer says I think a lot of these 'differences' are at best imagined.

I wish people who lived here had more pride about the country.....there is a reason why we have so much immigration, people WANT to come here and be Canadian.

Thats all.

Comment

The country of the future

Sir,

the best words I've read so far! I absolutely agree. BTW, I am a fresh newcomer too, and like yourself, I have come here to become canadian (1000 days to go...).

This is indeed not only a great country, this is the best country to live in. And Vancouver, ou man, the best city in the world...

And exactly like you, I fled the upcoming civil war in my little pathetic former southamerican country. Yeap, if you aske me, we'll see hell break loose all over the region within the next ten years. You'll remember these words.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm also very happy with my choice of a new living. Canada is the best place in the world, and I hope that born canadians realize that as clear as we do. If not, I can arrange them a temporary housing in Paraguay so to learn what it is like to live down there....

cheers, buddy!

The Rebel

Originally posted by Melloj
            You know as an immigrant to Canada it never ceases to amaze me how much natural born Canadians harp on this great country.

You folks have never known the agony and dispair of watching your country ripped apart by various forces, and frankly I think that too many people here just have nothing else to do but complain about their fellow countrymen.

I spent most of my life in Canada in Toronto and now I live in Vancouver. Are the people different? No, not in my eyes.
            When I went to Montreal did I feel like I was in a different country? No, granted that they spoke English with a French accent often, the people dressed the same and talked about the same things (hockey, girls/guys and beer).

As Disk Killer says I think a lot of these 'differences' are at best imagined.

I wish people who lived here had more pride about the country.....there is a reason why we have so much immigration, people WANT to come here and be Canadian.

Thats all.
            Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Keith ?

Ok well - comparing people on beer and hockey - that's not too hard isn't it ? Swedes, Danes, Iceland people and Russian could say the same about them ?

If you go in Montréal and people speak to you in english with a french accent is because... they speak french when they aren't with you !

And besides - the country ain't bad. It's no goulag - I dint hate canadians and the canadian nation. I just hate the federal government and want out. You'll see we'll be better off without each other...
              «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Keith's! Alexander Keith's! Brewed with the Pride of Nova Scotia in Halifax since 1820! Those who like it like it a lot!

He was the Mayor of Halifax once and sat on the Legislature for over 30 years.

Right now we advertise with a Crazy Scotman who verbally assualts people for mistreating Keith's.

So every time you enjoy one of Alexander Keith's fine India Pale Ale, you're enjoying Nova Scotia's finest.

Comment

Oh - its not known in Québec...

If you talked about Labatt Bleue or Corona maybe... but Alex Keith ?

Comment

I've accually seen a commercial on Montreal Television for Keith's, It's weird, they had a different Scotsman.

Maybe its not popular, but its there.

Comment

Doesn't Scotland have an independant country party ?

It's just SOOO telling that my avatar is Louis XIV and that yours is Queen Victoria

Comment

Yes, The Scottish National Party

"It's just soooo telling"

Isn't it though!

Comment

[SIZE=1]
                          Hell, I have to admit that we Maritimers have more in common with New England then we do with Most places in Canada.
                          I'd have to agree with you on this one, I found myself much more at home in Nova Scotia than I did anywhere else in Canada.(I'm from Boston) And I think I have more in common with folks from NS than I do folks from Texas or California. MUCH more.

edited to add: And the Keith's wasn't bad either, though I like Propeller better.

Comment

Wow, all these Canadians (and Montrealers) coming out of the 'Poly woodwork.
                            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Locutus is going to flip when he sees this thread.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Well to get to the point of the thread - my bro doesn't have a computer anymore. Wich makes... me... very confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X