Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O Jesus ! I'm gonna get 2 copies of Civ4 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could make a deal with hookers, hehehe all right just kidding!

Comment

legal?

Originally posted by Aro
      If you need something (something legal, of course! ) from Brazil, I can make a deal with you...

Civ IV will be released in December here. What a shame.
      something legal??? from Brazil????

c'mon!

The Rebel
      Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Quebcua

Originally posted by Niptium
        I have friends, but no Civ lovers...

Please... don't call me a Canadian unless you want me to unleash my wrath upon you...

Indeed. Call him a Quebecua... poor lad.

The Rebel
        Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Yeah ! Call me a Québécois.

Well ! I think I won't return the game. Maybe my bro's gonna like it for Chritmas...
          «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by Disk Killer

I might have been interested (although it would have been a favour at that price) until I read that.
            and i am albertan
            from the republic of Alberta, and our head of state is King Ralph Klien

Oh Alberta, our home and native land

Alberta and Quebec can form an alliance and take over ottawa

sorry don't mind my poor spelling

Comment

Originally posted by asurania

and i am albertan
              from the republic of Alberta, and our head of state is King Ralph Klien

Oh Alberta, our home and native land

Alberta and Quebec can form an alliance and take over ottawa

sorry don't mind my poor spelling
              Ah ! Nowhere in any other country so much angst is expressed at the central government.
              «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

i might end up getting two copies
                one to give to a special someone who is willing to learn the game, and also so i can get the game one day earlier
                hehe
                yes i am a civ fanatic

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Keep one of them unopened, and gift it to your worst enemy at Xmas... you'll soon have his life messed up.

anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Well I am going to get two copies too. I ordered a german one and an english import version. I am just curious which one is sooner in my hands. The ohter one will be on ebay soon

Comment

You need to fake Sid's autograph on the other, then sell it on E-bay as a rare collector's item...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Verenti
                        Do what I do, Niptium: Smile Politly (Strange, I consider myself Nova Scotian, but not Canadian.)
                        Personally, I consider myself Nova Scotian and Canadian. In that order.

Comment

Nationalism sure is indulged in big time among Kanucks.
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Canada is a big place with Ample breathing room. The Distance from Halifax to Ottawa is roughly the same as from Gibraltar to Lyon (in a straight line over water mountains and roads with equal ease), By the lines the Disance from Victoria to Halifax is roughly from Gibraltar to Tbilisi, And the cultures are less diverse I'll admit, but It's not like I we really have much in common with the say... The West Coasters, No more than I have in common with: Australians, Other being part of the same country.

Hell, I have to admit that we Maritimers have more in common with New England then we do with Most places in Canada.

Edit Note: And it Cannucks, for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Verenti
                              Canada is a big place with Ample breathing room. The Distance from Halifax to Ottawa is roughly the same as from Gibraltar to Lyon (in a straight line over water mountains and roads with equal ease), By the lines the Disance from Victoria to Halifax is roughly from Gibraltar to Tbilisi, And the cultures are less diverse I'll admit, but It's not like I we really have much in common with the say... The West Coasters, No more than I have in common with: Australians, Other being part of the same country.

Hell, I have to admit that we Maritimers have more in common with New England then we do with Most places in Canada.

Edit Note: And it Cannucks, for the record.
                              I will leave one more note in this and then leave it - I read once that it's a fallacy to indulge in the differences between regions in a country and extrapolate from those that the country is not a proper one.

Any country can play this game; are you seriously telling me a New York stock broker has a lot in common with a San Francisco hippie? A Parisian who works at Le Louvre has a lot in common with a fishmonger in Marseilles?

Sorry, you have more in common with the West Coast Canadians than you do with Australians.... unless you're in the habit of spreading marmite on bread and drinking Fosters.... I would guess you drink one of Labatt/Molson/Keith's/Sleeman's and eat pizza when watching hockey/football; hell, Les Quebecois here are so hyped up on differences they don't notice that they talk seperatism over a Tim Horton's coffee and donut, just like people shoot the breeze (or harp against Ottawa, which is indeed a national pastime) in Halifax or Coquitlam or Red Deer or Chicoutimi.

We have many of the same values; perhaps we see Alberta as rightist and Quebec as leftist but I assure you we are to the left of the dominant political thought in the United States, no matter which province you look at.

I think the differences in this country unite us; I think they make us stronger (more points of view, more arguing, more angst makes for better government in my opinion)... but then again I'm a raging optimist.

As for Nipitium and his original question... I bode no ill will; I think it's great you're going to give it to your brother, you can get a good Civ partner to play against. Good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Disk Killer

I will leave one more note in this and then leave it - I read once that it's a fallacy to indulge in the differences between regions in a country and extrapolate from those that the country is not a proper one.

Any country can play this game; are you seriously telling me a New York stock broker has a lot in common with a San Francisco hippie? A Parisian who works at Le Louvre has a lot in common with a fishmonger in Marseilles?

Sorry, you have more in common with the West Coast Canadians than you do with Australians.... unless you're in the habit of spreading marmite on bread and drinking Fosters.... I would guess you drink one of Labatt/Molson/Keith's/Sleeman's and eat pizza when watching hockey/football; hell, Les Quebecois here are so hyped up on differences they don't notice that they talk seperatism over a Tim Horton's coffee and donut, just like people shoot the breeze (or harp against Ottawa, which is indeed a national pastime) in Halifax or Coquitlam or Red Deer or Chicoutimi.

We have many of the same values; perhaps we see Alberta as rightist and Quebec as leftist but I assure you we are to the left of the dominant political thought in the United States, no matter which province you look at.

I think the differences in this country unite us; I think they make us stronger (more points of view, more arguing, more angst makes for better government in my opinion)... but then again I'm a raging optimist.

As for Nipitium and his original question... I bode no ill will; I think it's great you're going to give it to your brother, you can get a good Civ partner to play against. Good choice.
                                You indeed make good points. I forgot about Hockey and Beer (as they are small parts of my life)! Haha! I've been known to sit down around a pitcher of Keith's (To drink anything else here, Is frankly Treason. "Those who like it, Like it a lot" and all that glorious rubbish.) with a little Hockey for Company.

Indeed, Everything he just said is true, To the most of my knowledge. Well, Maybe not the differences making us stronger part, but everything preceding it. I do think our differences create a fairer government with better laws though that serve everyone with more equality.

So we do have plenty in common with the rest of Canada, My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X