Civ 4 Prep Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Civ 4 Prep Work

If I had the money I would buy a laptop so I can play the game on the bus the hour to and from school (1 hour each way)

I don't have a wife/gf, so nobody will be mad at me

Originally posted by Footie Mad
    Some people take their Civ seriously, but you take it so seriously that you put a baby monitor next to the computer in order to keep you updated when you go to the bathroom or get some food. You're raising the bar.

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
      Not much to be done for me, only one position

- Step down from all guild offices in Everquest II and cancel both accounts. This is already done, although it had nothing to do with Civ4, but rather with an unfinished and buggy beyond belief expansion pack (I honestly mean Desert of Flames, not Conquests ) and a combat revamp with the same quality standards

I will stay in Guild Wars however and share my time with Civ4. I don't know how this will work, we'll see.

My system is 8 months old, has 1GB and a 6600 and hence, should be sufficient for Civ4 by all means.
      GW is great anyway for this reason - nothing to cancel, you can always go back to playing it again with no problem That's why I bought it, and why I still occasionally play it (maybe once a week)...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Finally something is going to pull me away from GW. Civ4 will be better for me though since I won't have to feel guilty about dropping in the middle of a mission because the baby suddenly decided to wake up.

As for the prep? I preordered it and am ready to get the call to pick it up.

Comment

Cancelled WoW subscription half September to spend time with the wife and kids for a few weeks before going down under in civ 4.

Checking fansites daily for updates, previews, screenshots, analysis, strats, etc

Check webstores daily to see release dates in order to get the game asap.
          You have now entered the Civilization IV era!
          A guide to City Specialization
          Building Elite Units
          "I pledge addiction to Civ4 of Firaxis Games in America, and to 2K Games which publishes it: one franchise under Sid, inescapable, with certainty of "One More Turn(TM)" for all!" - The Pledge of Addiction

Comment

I'm just waiting, I don't know when Civ4 will be released here in Brazil.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

GW is great anyway for this reason - nothing to cancel, you can always go back to playing it again with no problem That's why I bought it, and why I still occasionally play it (maybe once a week)...
              I agree, its a great "MMO" for myself and my kids, although we have not played it that much lately.

Unfortunately after CivIV is released, I definatelt wont have any time to get back into that game.

Im letting my WoW subscription end at the end of this month. I haven't been playing it much at all lately, just not enough time.

One last thing, Im painting the bedrooom, master bath and one of my kids rooms this weekend, to build up points with the wife so I can ignore when the game is released next week
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Yeah, my attempt to build up points with the wife backfired. I'm somehow signed up to pull out all the closet organization stuff in our master bedroom walk in closet -- to replace with OTHER closet organization stuff.... Just better, more expensive, harder to install stuff...

Just because she doesn't like looking at my pile of Apolyton T-shirts saying "MY WORDS ARE BACKED WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS"

:sigh:
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

At least you dont have to clean out the litter box until January (GB reference)
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

GB might up carving something out of wood... if you get my meaning
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

yep got it

Im still trying to decide whether to take next wednesday off or next tuesday. I may go conservative and take wednesday off just to be sure I have the game in hand.

Comment

Wed would be better. If you do get it Tues you'll be playing it all night and need the next day to continue your conquests.

Comment

I received my new Dell laptop over a week ago. I have been without a computer of my own for almost a year now, while using a computer owned by the friend I live with.

So I got this laptop for two reasons: one, I haven't had my own computer at all, and two, for . . . . . . . shoot, what is that up-coming game called . . . . .?

ah -- Civilization IV
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

- Dug up and started playing SMAC to get used to civics.

- Playing RTW Barbarian Invasion to get used to moving units on a 3-D map.

- Read all the speculation and analysis here.

- Patiently wait for the next timesink to arrive in my life...
                            Last edited by hexagonian; October 19, 2005, 16:06.
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
                              - Dug up and started playing SMAC to get used to civics.

- Playing RTW Barbarian Invasion to get used to moving units on a 3-D map.

- Read all the speculation and analysis here.

- Patiently wait for the next timesink to arrive in my life...
                              Ditto although I should get out SMAC and play a game.

Comment

Working...
                              X