• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randomized combat results!

Oh wait, we've had that before...
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

/me imagines spears vs tanks.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

One thing that would be neat, if fairly useless, would be randomized civ leaders. By that, I mean, you encounter, say, the Indians, and they're headed up by Otto Von Bismarck.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          One thing that would be neat, if fairly useless, would be randomized civ leaders. By that, I mean, you encounter, say, the Indians, and they're headed up by Otto Von Bismarck.
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus
            I suppose because, Civ3, you could find out your opponent's identity from the colour of his borders, before you had a contact with him.
            but you have different leaders...
            plus if you reach his borders it's 1-2 turns before he contacts you (perhaps even instantaneous, not sure)
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It's the same problem with all RTS games. When you play the campaign you always play as red, while the enemy is blue... what is the point of this? I don't like the color red (because the color has been forced on me), I want to pick (or have a random color) for each game...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                plus if you reach his borders it's 1-2 turns before he contacts you (perhaps even instantaneous, not sure)

1-2 turns of doubts, questions and expectations... Or not.
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  There were many times in Civ3 that my suicide galleys would get just close enough to land to see a Civ's color and then sink; then it would be a LONG time before I could actually make contact.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus
                    I suppose because, Civ3, you could find out your opponent's identity from the colour of his borders, before you had a contact with him.
                    You always had this information on hand (i.e. who your opponents are) from the Spaceship screen.

But I suppose some players prefer just not knowing...
                    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      It's possible.
                      Cool the ability to start in the modern(or industrial age) seems me very fun, if I want a quick modern game, without having to deal with the rest. Would be also very usefull for multiplayer, because most multiplayer games who start in the ancient age might already have a clear winner long before the modern age. So a game where everyone starts equal in the modern age seems game a good idea for an cool MP game

Comment

i just wonder how we're supposed to start in the modern era. do they kick us off with some modern units and a decent city or what. all the previewer said was that its possible to all those random questions

Comment

You'll get several Settlers, some modern units, your cities will start bigger than size 1, etc.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                          X