No announcement yet.

Civ4.com vs. Previous Info on Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kublai doesn't lead the chinese anymore.

Comment

I guess only Sid's hairdresser knows for sure

It will be interesting to see what the final line up is as well as how the same CIV plays differently with two leaders......
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
        Don't you just love when you can tell in an original version of a game there'll be a commcercial expansion pack?
        yeah and its just about any game you play,ive seen a few where they clearly edited stuff out to prepare for a $$$ xpack

il make a guess why those 2 posts were edited based on sava and etc:certain male functions and catherine etc female portraits. guys guys guys
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          wow, how did that not get censored?

test: ****ing

Civ2... I thought there was just fantastic worlds, and then "Test of Time"... which was basically a new version of Civ 2, not an expansion pack...
          I think there were 2 expansion packs before the 1st real expansion: "Multiplayer Gold Edition"
          Fantastic Worlds was one of them, I forgot about the 2nd one.

Test of Time was more like civ 2.5, eventhough I'm sure yin will disagree
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

possibility a) developer cuts leaders 11 days before release, 5-7 days before gold
            possibility b) web designer doesnt have all the info and/or makes an incomplete flash presentation so that the official site can go live before release

think it over a bit
            Mark is you remember Sid and co. kill the super city (aks CTP 2) just one or two days prior to going gold in Civ 2 or Colonization.

Comment

last time i checked sid & co had nothing to do with the civ2 expansions. in fact they had already formed firaxis....
              Didn't they leave when Mattel brought MP?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

I think there were 2 expansion packs before the 1st real expansion: "Multiplayer Gold Edition"
                Fantastic Worlds was one of them, I forgot about the 2nd one.

Test of Time was more like civ 2.5, eventhough I'm sure yin will disagree

- Vanilla Civ
                - Conflicts in Civilization
                - Fantastic Worlds
                - Multiplayer Gold Edition
                - Test of Time
                "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                  Mark is you remember Sid and co. kill the super city (aks CTP 2) just one or two days prior to going gold in Civ 2 or Colonization.
                  the super what?
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

the super what?
                    Sid and his team in one of those games had a super city until the last day or two before going gold. From city center, a Civ city extend out 2 tiles in each direction.
                    A super city as Sid call it extend out eighter 3 or 4 tiles from city center.

A super city was later added to CTP 2.

Comment

I tell you, the super city would have cut down on ICS. I mean why not have 1-3 cities that can harvest the continent? And talk about growing your territory to keep the AI out!

And the lack of border expantion crippled Colonization.
                      Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

The Super city isn't in Civ IV from what I've seen so far. I bet it will never be in the Civilization series.
                        Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887

yeah and its just about any game you play,ive seen a few where they clearly edited stuff out to prepare for a $$$ xpack

il make a guess why those 2 posts were edited based on sava and etc:certain male functions and catherine etc female portraits. guys guys guys
                          I'm an innocent pawn! I quoted him and asked him if he wanted to get banned. It's not my fault!

Comment

Working...
                          X