Unit trade/purchase or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeoModder
    Bought long time ago and time of Tanks cancel each other out here.
    Not really. I could be buying Tanks with lots of XP, and later upgrading them to MAs on my own...

Originally posted by GeoModder
    Of course provided you mean you reached that age as well.
    Yes, that is something to consider. But this goes all the way down to the Ancient Age, and at the start of the game you hardly have a credible threat (except for very high difficulty levels, of course). Consider that, going the peaceful route, I should be able to have a better cashflow most of the time, so I could actually start these buyouts as soon as first experienced units show up for sale.

Of course, you could just prohibit the AI from selling anything, but that would kind of make the feature pointless in the first place...
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Mark mentions DONATING units...

so perhaps you can give them as a gift, but not getteing anything in return - no real trade - maybe beacause of balance issues?

Comment

Well, that would be fine, but I HOPE we can trade them for stuff. I wouldn't even mind if you could donate the units which, in turn, put you in MUCH better books with that civ in future trade. i.e. 'here have 2 tanks to fight off the evil enemy'. 2 turns later 'oh, I remember you, you helped me fend off the evil (insert civ here). Here have some of my oil why don't you?' Not exactly like that, but you get the idea !

Yours,
        Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
          Well, that would be fine, but I HOPE we can trade them for stuff. I wouldn't even mind if you could donate the units which, in turn, put you in MUCH better books with that civ in future trade. i.e. 'here have 2 tanks to fight off the evil enemy'. 2 turns later 'oh, I remember you, you helped me fend off the evil (insert civ here). Here have some of my oil why don't you?' Not exactly like that, but you get the idea !

Yours,
          Aussie_Lurker.
          Agreed, that would be fine with me too. I understand the limitations with the AI, but I had hoped they had writen something(as stated above) to protect the AI from stupid mistakes like that.. However in the long run, I just want to be able to Transfer units at all. I think that would make things very interesting for world politics (esp with political blocs forming) I am just going to keep hopeing if i dont hear anything conrete its only a 14 day wait!
          Siga El Conejo Blanco
          Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
          | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Originally posted by V. Soma
            Mark mentions DONATING units...

so perhaps you can give them as a gift, but not getteing anything in return - no real trade - maybe beacause of balance issues?
            That sounds most reasonable to me. Otherwise, unit trading would be a huge exploit. They should also cap the number of units you can give.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
            X