Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

There will be volcanos in the game...

Comment

The banana is a ressource you can trade
        M. le Comte

Comment

"Innovation"

If you don't have a resource for a unit (like oil for tanks or something), your scientists, based on your science rate, will adapt other resources you do have, like coal, in order to build a little less powerful tanks.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

coal powered tanks?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by M. le Comte
              The banana is a ressource you can trade
              It is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                coal powered tanks?
                Yeah... maybe coal slush or something. It doesn't have to make real life sense, just game sense.. so being blocked off from a resource doesn't kill you.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

We need some non-petroleum based energy solutions. We should be allowed to research water power (yes, yes I know the Hydro Plant and the Hoover Dam), wind power, batteries and even cooking up moonshine. But make these technologies viable and earlier than modern age (and possibly weaker) alternatives to coal then oil.
                  Realistically, if coal and oil were never discovered, I'm sure we would be refined whatever technology and source we had to maximum benefit.

We need coal tanks! I want wood and peat and grain alcohol tanks too!

Imran...good to see you back.
                  Last edited by AoA; October 9, 2005, 21:53.
                  .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

In multiplayer after the UN wonder is built it will be possible to vote for things akin to security council resolutions and force peaceful settlements between warring nations.

On the other hand, if a qualified majority (of 60%) of leaders vote for trade sanctions against any non-european civ whose name begins with I and ends in N or L, that real-world civ will launch a strategic nuclear strike at those players' homes!

And who says civ is just a game??

regards,

Peter
                    regards,

Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X