Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What civs/leaders do you think you'll like most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon a 'mere' trained archer can make short even with a +2 promoted city raider.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

When I got vanilla civ3, I was almost certain that Greece would be fantastic LOL. I'm sure that most of our opionions will change over time.

Comment

I wish Catherine were Creative/Philosophical (perfect traits for her, IMO). Darn that Frederick.

Either way, I will play Catherine for Creative/Financial (seems good for border expansion and for financing armies. Good 2-edged sword), and Frederick of the Germans for a culture-monger game.

-B
        alisonblaire.com

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
          So, any chance at a PBEM while you're playing as Catharina of Russia or Isabella of Spain?
          Definitely
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Now just to make a careful assessment of what civ to counter (or add) them with...
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Napoleon or Roosevelt! Usually I just randomly pick though.
              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by Novaya Havoc
                I wish Catherine were Creative/Philosophical (perfect traits for her, IMO). Darn that Frederick.

Either way, I will play Catherine for Creative/Financial (seems good for border expansion and for financing armies. Good 2-edged sword), and Frederick of the Germans for a culture-monger game.

-B
                I hope one is able to change this and choose traits for the leader you want to play - at least in SP games. Or, of course, modding could fix this if you have the time and the energy(most of us don't)...

Comment

Gota say that I like Alexander of Greece, (Aggressive & Philosophical) and Mahatma Gandhi, of India (Industrious & Spiritual) will be my first played as I see it... however as with my Civ3 virginity I believe that I will find whats best for me after many hours of playing...
                  Siga El Conejo Blanco
                  Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
                  | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

US, Germany, or Mali.

Comment

I don't know how anyone can name the best leader when no one yet played with any of these leaders. This thread should appear some months after the release, now we can just presume some things, but it's nice to think of it even if we can't be sure of anything.

Comment

I'll be sure to have Frederick and Alexander be together in the game as lovers.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hmmm...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                            I'll be sure to have Frederick and Alexander be together in the game as lovers.
                            Well, I can certainly be part of an MP game against you, but only if you let me play Hatshepsut with one of those fake beards.

Comment

Working...
                            X