X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    i try my +1's to be usefull
    Site admin aknowledging spamming.

BTW, culture flip is not gone, but it's not automatic anymore according to the info we have. If a civ's culture is too dominating, the city will make so many problems for the owner that the best thing to do is to give it away. Or so was it said in several previews a long time ago.

EDIT: Great, I missed the second last post before mine.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

that part needs a bit of re-phrasing
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

What part?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

about city flipping not happening at all

Comment

So your culture can get the next door neighbor's city to go into disorder? Then he can give you the city? Hmmm, not sure I like that. Although culture flipping was pretty flippant in CIV III.

Can your overwhelming culture do anything else???
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

so many evil things I could say here...

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                Can your overwhelming culture do anything else???
                it increases your borders , thus decreasing your enemies borders. and you dont have to go to war for it!

Comment

so the land culture flips but the city doesn't? I can envision playing a game and having the AI city completely surrounded, with no where for it's units to move, stuck inside the city.

Comment

yes, you can capture a city but end up holding just the city tile

Comment

Great link, and links to more aspects of civ IV.

Thanks
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

question: in the description here it is written:
                        [...]
                        This has a number of advantages: it allows your Units to move freely [...]

how is this meant? are all "home" tiles treated as roaded? or are the roads just faster?
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

you can not enter opponent territory unless you have an Open Borders agreement with the opponent.
                          if you control a bigger area due to your culture you obviously have more area for your units

but also enemy units have a movement disadvantage in your territory, so if it's bigger you make your opponents life more difficult

Comment

ok, that's clear.
                            but there is no advantage for your units inside your borders versus non-claimed territory, right?

it's not new that enemy territory is slower, civ4 only changes that you cannot enter by default...
                            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                              so many evil things I could say here...
                              He He, yes you could

Good summary guys this sounds like an interesting take on culture. The end of the month isn't getting here soon enough
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I keep on seeeing the new phrase that pays...cultural bomb

same concept...no?
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X