A test program for checking if your specs are ok for a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do as you suit.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Thanks for this. I understand it may not be the final specs, but was a good guideline
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

My idea too.

Another "test" I did was simply trying if the AoE III demo would run on my laptop. Since the specs are a bit harder and T&L also seems to be a necessary feature to run it, I was quite surprised that it ran (especially with the 64 meg video memory required).
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Passed on recommended requirements .
          Greetz, Ramses

Comment

I wonder if it will require WinXP (like the AOE III demo did) ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well it's an interesting test...looks like it diffenitely uses the Pirates specs as a benchmark. It did successfully identify my one computer with a Geforce2MX card as substandard, and liked my Radeon 9800 Pro. If your comp fails this test I'd personally be looking to upgrade, however, just because it passed is no guarentee either as the real specs have not been released.

CS
              Global Admin/Owner
              Civilization Players Leagues
              www.civplayers.com
              http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                Well it'll require DX9 no doubt so that will eliminate some of the earlier OS's.

CS
                Global Admin/Owner
                Civilization Players Leagues
                www.civplayers.com
                http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  i think i saw win 2k/XP as requirement in the test results above...

but if you have anything else but that (or win2k3) --> upgrade
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Just saw this now...

It says it failed, because my V-Ram wasn't good enough, yet in ALL the subcatagories, it said it was ok. I have 32 MB of RAM that has T&L, so they were all yes, but it gave me a fail... that's pretty funny.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm good on both laptops and my main system
                      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I checked once more. I still meet the minimum and fail the recommended reqs, but I think it's wrong, as I meet all recommended reqs too...
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

So, this is acurate except for the slant that they want to sell video cards?

BTW, I think Transform & Lighting is required to run DirectX 9, so if you don't have it Civ IV won't run.
                          Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

I just had to try GeoModder's link out for "****s and grins"....system passed with flying colors with room to spare.

Thanks for the cool link GeoModder!
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Well, that test isn't updated anymore. The minimum specs now known are more then those said in the test, so it's useless.
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

ok look i got a question i bought my comp a month ago and i did this dam test and it says it failed.. it says i need Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required .. what does this do and do i truly need this all my other spec blow it out the water.. thanks in advance...

Comment

Working...
                                X