A test program for checking if your specs are ok for a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps. I dunno.

BTW, my laptop meets the minimum reqs, and meets all recommended except the graphics card.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I passed, but that's no suprise since it ran Pirates without problems (except with a little slowdown with the land battle)
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Passed
        Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
        Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          i may have missed something, but system requirements have not been announced...
          Well, its what they claim to know from Firaxis, as told by the company.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

well **** i failed!
            damn integrated video!!!

Comment

Hah, the prog sucks.
              I just bought a brand new video card, the GeForce 6600, 256MB Ram, everything on and in it 8)

NOw hte prog says I got the GeForce 5200 (my old one) and it's good enough for the minimum requirements, but not for the recommended requierments, though when I click on the reccomended requirements tab, it says all is fine with my video card, though still it says it fails.....

STRANGE

Anyway, apparantly my system passed greatly 8)
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

It says my system rocks.
                Jim Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Well, you kow a possible solution...

Bah, I ain't installing no stinking java's on my comp.
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

My God
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

the program didn't like FireFox, it must not be able to steal enough personal information from it.

using the internet whore, it says I failed, but I passed all subcategories for minimum requirements.

I think part of the problem, in their graphs anyways, is that there isn't a graph bar for minimum. They're minimum line runs between two of the bars. What they're really saying is that you have to exceed the minimum requirements to meet the minimum requirements. (and oh please, please buy a video card from us.)

that's a freaking awesome picture of a video card.

Comment

the program didn't like FireFox, it must not be able to steal enough personal information from it.

It works fine on both my FF 1.0.6(on my stationary PC) and my FF 1.5 beta(on my laptop).
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

wtf?
                          Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - No

why should this be necessary for civ4?
                          oh well... worst case, i'll buy another computer
                          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Good find, Geo. Now I know it won't run on my laptop, though.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Four computers here: two desktops and two notebook. One notebook (Dell D800) and one desktop passed. The integrated video card of my new desktop was the reason to fail. I'll upgrade the stupid thing.
                              The older laptop (Dell C800) is... Well, the poor thing is just too old.
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas
                              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I won't believe the specs until it's officially announced.

Comment

Working...
                                X