• Show
Clear All

locutus, nice chart... you have waaaaay too much time

5^5 = 3125 is correct.
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Thanks Locutus,

Now I see my mistake : We have always 5 active civics at once (1 by category), not only 2 as I was thinking !

Thanks for your useful explanation
      Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
      Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith

Man, you know waaay too much. We need to speak face to face, just to convince you to leak some secret! (think about that told with a James Bond voice)

Not kidding, can you point us to already know images that are from the last build? Thank you in advance.
        He's probably basing his info on the fact that the interface is brown, where as the newer builds seem to have the blue one.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

astrologix,

Ah, ok. That makes sense, I guess. Glad I could help.

Originally posted by sabrewolf
          locutus, nice chart... you have waaaaay too much time
          No, I'm a Python guru

Code:
          for i in range(1, 6):
             for j in range(1, 6):
                for k in range(1, 6):
                   print "%d%d%d" %(k,j,i),
                print
             print
          Edit: come to think of it, it would take about 2 minutes to extend this to actually print all 3125 Civics combinations, using the actual names of the civics (though as noted, it would take up several forum posts to print the result here). That's a nice homework assignment for all you would-be Civ4 modders out there
          Last edited by Locutus; September 29, 2005, 09:04.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by alva
            He's probably basing his info on the fact that the interface is brown, where as the newer builds seem to have the blue one.
            Just an example of a modded "skin" of the interface?
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Not kidding, can you point us to already know images that are from the last build? Thank you in advance.
              GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

nice screens

question: what is MDEPPE? it is in the lower right in the fourth screen above Montezuma and Roosevelt...

Locutus: you are a dork

I like the Civics... but it seems like some of them make you choose between things where IMO, you should be able to have both. Take "Free Market" and "Environmentalism"... why does it have to be either/or? I think there should be balance... like sliders or something. That would be better. But at this stage in the game, it's too late for that. But still the civics are better than the governments.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

question: what is MDEPPE? it is in the lower right in the fourth screen above Montezuma and Roosevelt...

The name of the player, don't see what else it could be.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    (showing a screenshot of the last build)
                    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/....html?page=159
                    Thank you and nice screen.

Meantime, just for YINning here a bit, I can't say I'm fully reassured of the quality of the game, given the top-left message "Could not read file Sounds/AdvisorSuggest".
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Meantime, just for YINning here a bit, I can't say I'm fully reassured of the quality of the game, given the top-left message "Could not read file Sounds/AdvisorSuggest".
                      well, I've been reading that the version of the game that people have been playing is missing multimedia files that are not finished yet...
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        nice screens

Locutus: you are a dork

I like the Civics... but it seems like some of them make you choose between things where IMO, you should be able to have both. Take "Free Market" and "Environmentalism"... why does it have to be either/or? I think there should be balance... like sliders or something. That would be better. But at this stage in the game, it's too late for that. But still the civics are better than the governments.
                        You can't have free market and environmentalism at the same time.

Environmentalism involves state intervention into economy, ensuring that exploitation of resources, pollution levels and general industrial progress is curbed to allow for environment recovery/protection. This is quite opposed to the concept of free market, to which such restrictions are an anathema.
                        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                        - Frank Herbert

Comment

The civics screen looks great!
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

At the bottom of the Civics Screen you see a total upkeep of 10 Gold. 2 of the chosen civics have low upkeep and 3 have medium upkeep. I can't see how this adds up to 10:

2*(low)+3*(medium) = 10

Comment

Oh, I think I figured it out. Organized Religion is selected but not being used because it requires Monotheism.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus

You can't have free market and environmentalism at the same time.

Environmentalism involves state intervention into economy, ensuring that exploitation of resources, pollution levels and general industrial progress is curbed to allow for environment recovery/protection. This is quite opposed to the concept of free market, to which such restrictions are an anathema.
                                I disagree completely.

You can absolutely have a market economy with a pragmatic balance of environmental regulations.

I don't know how it will play out in Civ 4, but it appears as if there are only extremes... it's either laissez faire free market capitalism or Green Peace environazi economy.

Where is the nice middle ground for those of us that like balance and moderation?
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X