End of October release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conmcb25
    MarkG what about this? I know its only one day but those those of us planning a holiday this is important
    well i've seen both the 24th and the 25th being used on sites, even on some posting press releases as well
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I am getting impatient, Ill admit but theoretically with less than a month out dont you think they would have firmed up a date by now?
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

It depends whether or not there's a strike in manufacturing, transportation -or retail sectors.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Release (shipping) day is the 24th, in stores on the 25th (at best)

btw, it would be good time for you to start a friendship with your local gaming store employees

Comment

so amazon.co.uk will start sending it to unworthy continentals on 30th and with the post it won't arrive until 5th november
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I've heard they are not going to be giving the press final versions of the game to review until the actual ship day of Oct 24th. The reviews so far have been on pre-ship versions of the game though normally a publisher will give the media a bunch of free final release copies ahead of time in order to drum up good press for their game but this will not be happening with Civ4.

That's a very bad sign. This seems like another hint that Civ4 is being shoved out the door before it is properly sorted. More then ever I am glade I didn't pre-order.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

you've heard? well that certainly is a reliable source....

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  I've heard they are not going to be giving the press final versions of the game to review until the actual ship day of Oct 24th. The reviews so far have been on pre-ship versions of the game though normally a publisher will give the media a bunch of free final release copies ahead of time in order to drum up good press for their game but this will not be happening with Civ4.

That's a very bad sign. This seems like another hint that Civ4 is being shoved out the door before it is properly sorted. More then ever I am glade I didn't pre-order.
                  Just like when the release a movie on Friday but you don't get to see the review untill Saturday in the paper?When that usually happens that means the movie is horrible and the company wants to get some extra money from some poor suckers.

IF this is true about Civ IV I will not be getting the game as soon as it comes out. Can anyone verify what the guy said in quotes is true?

Comment

If that is the case Oerdin, how comes those prebuild games released to the gaming press did get received fairly well? Its like you're assuming that with the latest build things go for the worse again...
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      you've heard? well that certainly is a reliable source....

Well we have to talk about something, its still around a month away.

I really dont think changing a release date a week or two is going to make that much difference. At that point in time my guess is that if a week or two delay occurs its more in manufacturing and distribution.

Ive seen quite a few of the reviews and have talked to a few people who are grunt workers on the project and so far I have high hopes myself.
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky
                        IF this is true about Civ IV I will not be getting the game as soon as it comes out. Can anyone verify what the guy said in quotes is true?
                        even if that was true and reviews based on the final version had to be published a week after release, you would still have all the wonderfull feedback on these forums from actual civers on release day...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          even if that was true and reviews based on the final version had to be published a week after release, you would still have all the wonderfull feedback on these forums from actual civers on release day...
                          Yeah I forgot about that, thanks for the great reminder.

Comment

and given that Oerdin hasnt returned to back his claims....

Comment

Hmm. I have 3 jury trials scheduled for the 27th (meaning one will definately go), so I won't be able to play until the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X