End of October release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of October release date?

Just watched the video on gamespot. I don't see anyone mentioning that the release is around the end of October.

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I can't believe it, I am getting excited for Civ IV now.

*sigh* Another release date thread?

Comment

I predict that at some point in the future, we will look back and know the release date. And we will send a message back to our past selves about this date, but the message will be garbled, and we will panic that the future itself is uncertain, which will tear apart the underpinnings of our super-psychies. This will cause us to banish the practice of talking to our past-tense selves, which will make us sad and easy prey for digital entertainment.

We will then go Back to the Future and have a Total Recall. But all will end in a rather twisted Crying Game in which we dance in the Matrix with 12 Monkeys.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

nice to see such a unique sense of humor yin26
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

There´s no need for sarcasm, Platypus
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The release date has been delayed to November 27th.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

are you sure? because I saw that it was going to be released on Nov. 26th, and worldwide too. That one day is extremely important. No delayed release for anyone. In fact, I know for certain that the game is going to be simultaneously released across the globe, all at once. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, everyone will get the game at the exact same time.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                In fact, I know for certain that the game is going to be simultaneously released across the globe, all at once.
                Is that so?
                This thread may contain traces of nuts.

Comment

Not only that. But if you pre-ordered it with the extra super deluxe package UPS will deliver it to your doorstep exactly 1 minute past midnight on the day of the release. And if you live in the states and win the contest issued by Firaxis, Sid or Soren will deliver it personally.

At least that´s what I´ve heard...
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Iceius

Is that so?
                    they're doing it so that no one will have more time than anyone else to learn the game and be better at it. "Total Fairness" is what they're calling it. Continuing the theme of "Total Fairness" CIV will have a timer on the game, and no one will be allowed to play more than 2.5 hours per day. Firaxis and Take Two are protecting those of us with things like jobs, school, lives, from those who sit in front of the computer all day.

While some may find "Total Fairness" to be overly harsh, this Apolyton poster supports "Total Fairness" in its entirety.

Comment

Rumour is that a hack is already downloadable to disable that timer. Do a google on AntiHackTimer... if CivAnon hasn't closed the site already that is.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Last I checked CivAnon itself provided a hack which pretended to disable the timer, but in fact changed it from 2.5 hours to 0.5 hours.
                        no sig

Comment

They should be shot!
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                            They should be shot!
                            If you mean canonized, then yes.

Comment

Midnight. Tonight. See you all in Best Buy. I'm already in line.

Comment

Working...
                              X