No announcement yet.

End of October release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was something on the CIVANON website about the timer and an alleged "hack".

But CIVANON is working with Firaxis for a patch to disable the hack if the hack indeed appears.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Well, apparent sarcasm aside, I looked it up in the computers at work, (I work at Best Buy and we get "instock" and "street" dates). The Street date which is a hard date is October 25th, since there is a street date that usually means that no one will be allowed to start selling the game before Oct. 25th even if they get the game earlier than that. However, we don't get it untill the 25th (in our store) anyway.

On a side note it took forever for Civ IV to come up in our system, I remember knowing CivIII's release like 2 months ahead of time. Odd.
      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

what's the turnaround time after going gold? doesn't it usually hit the stores 1 month after going gold?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
          nice to see such a unique sense of humor yin26
          Yes, the technique is called "spam"

Anyway, once I get my next set of paychecks, I'll probably order GTA:SA, pre-order CIV and just not worry about it.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

ah, this was a good thread. The wit and sarcasm displayed within it was good for several reads.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
              I predict that at some point in the future, we will look back and know the release date. And we will send a message back to our past selves about this date, but the message will be garbled, and we will panic that the future itself is uncertain, which will tear apart the underpinnings of our super-psychies. This will cause us to banish the practice of talking to our past-tense selves, which will make us sad and easy prey for digital entertainment.

We will then go Back to the Future and have a Total Recall. But all will end in a rather twisted Crying Game in which we dance in the Matrix with 12 Monkeys.
              Did you see the one where the Elder-World demon was reconstructing itself in a church basement, and people all around were undead and bugs and stuff, except for some people trapped in the church?

One of the guys was having strange dreams all the time. They were like video that was really garbled with lots of static in the audio.

And then they found out that there was this mirror in the church that the demon was on the other side of. And then some guy got grabbed by a zombie and thrown into the mirror (which gave way to let the guy fall into the realm of the demon). And then the other people who were still not zombies came and rescued the guy, but a girl got knocked into the mirror and they couldn't get her back out. She went in real deep.

Then the movie ended, but they did play the video again without distortion and with clear sound. It was a voice from the distant future warning about the end of the world and showing a video of the girl who fell through the mirror coming out of the church.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I believe that's "Prince Of Darkness" by John Carpenter.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                  *sigh* Another release date thread?
                  Well sorry for saying something that I didn't see in any other posts. Next time I won't say anything, and maybe nobody will either and maybe alot of people will miss out on it then.

Comment

it's October 24 btw
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      it's October 24 btw
                      What!

An on topic post!

heresy!

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25

What!

An on topic post!

heresy!

that is what i was going to say

at least i was correct about october, and I am finally excited about Civ IV now

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Ass
                          Well, apparent sarcasm aside, I looked it up in the computers at work, (I work at Best Buy and we get "instock" and "street" dates). The Street date which is a hard date is October 25th, since there is a street date that usually means that no one will be allowed to start selling the game before Oct. 25th even if they get the game earlier than that. However, we don't get it untill the 25th (in our store) anyway.
                          MarkG what about this? I know its only one day but those those of us planning a holiday this is important

Comment

If it hadn't said that there was a street date, then I would say that he's probably right, if it just said that the "in stock" date was the 25th, then I would chalk it up to us getting the game a day late which isn't uncommon. Most games have no "street date" though because in general software isn't something that can drive a business day, unless it is a big title like WoW. Now I hate to say it but I wouldn't think of Civ on this level, but who knows.

The only thing that would make me think twice is the fact that this was the first day that I've seen the info, it could have been a misunderstanding or something to that effect. an instock date is never solid, I work with the cameras and the instock date of like 10 cameras was Oct. 2nd, but the day I posted that I recieved 2 new cameras that were on the list.

However, the 25th is a tuesday which is release day for the US and it could be being advertised that way.

....wow, a whole little debate there all by myself, I really need to get some sleep.
                            GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Ass
                              ....wow, a whole little debate there all by myself, I really need to get some sleep.
                              Good night, sleep tight, dont let the CIV bugs bite

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky

Well sorry for saying something that I didn't see in any other posts. Next time I won't say anything, and maybe nobody will either and maybe alot of people will miss out on it then.
                                did you try looking on page 2? or page 3? because I saw half a dozen release date threads on those two pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X