"Daddy loves civ more than me!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This needs to stop
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      This needs to stop

Comment

Actually, my older daughter (6 yrs) loves to play D&D hack and slash games with me. It's hilarious. She could pound monsters for hours.

Civ though? No fun for her at all, though when I was playing Ages of Man she'd periodically come by and say: "Daddy, make that horsie go kill that guy with the bownarrow."
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

This reminds me of an article by Brad Wardell about his kid playing WoW and mercilessly killing monsters because they killed some innocent rabbit. Or wandering around and giving goodies to other players
          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
            Actually, my older daughter (6 yrs) loves to play D&D hack and slash games with me. It's hilarious. She could pound monsters for hours.

Civ though? No fun for her at all, though when I was playing Ages of Man she'd periodically come by and say: "Daddy, make that horsie go kill that guy with the bownarrow."
            Yeah, 6 is just too young for civ, especially for a girl- they don't seem to conceptualize in the same way as boys... but if she's a daddy's girl she'll come around to more sophisticated things soon enough. I'm glad I have a daddy's girl- there's no other kind to have, IMO.

Comment

This is a most disturbing thread.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

For real.

At least they've moved beyond making their "Civ in bed" analogies...
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad

Yeah, 6 is just too young for civ, especially for a girl- they don't seem to conceptualize in the same way as boys... but if she's a daddy's girl she'll come around to more sophisticated things soon enough. I'm glad I have a daddy's girl- there's no other kind to have, IMO.

Jaguar (a poster on this forum) could beat Civ2 at deity when he was around 10 years old young.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                    The problem is I don't particlarly like TBS in bed. RTS is more my style, and her cries for "Just one more turn!" start to wear me down, you know? And she'll never go for MP no matter what I do.
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

My 13 and 14 year old do pretty well in CIV, I play LAN with them all the time.

These ads are meant to be funny. If you have kids and spend so much time playing it that you feel guilty about not spending time with your kids, then YOU have a problem.

Try CIV ANON
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Jaguar (a poster on this forum) could beat Civ2 at deity when he was around 10 years old young.
                        That's not true. He was never on 'Poly when he was 10.

Comment

Hence the introduction of the concept that is "around".
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            Hence the introduction of the concept that is "around".

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                              My 13 and 14 year old do pretty well in CIV, I play LAN with them all the time.

These ads are meant to be funny. If you have kids and spend so much time playing it that you feel guilty about not spending time with your kids, then YOU have a problem.

Try CIV ANON
                              when I first saw the add, I was thinking..man it was MY OWN SON that got me hooked and the whoile family laughs about it..

I mean..not like I couldnt quit whenever I want to..I just choose not to

But being a Gramps now well..I have one and another about three weeks from joining the world

Civ come up after family and work

Gramps
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

am i the only one a little disturbed by that idea,and would seriously discard civ if i did have a daughter like that

if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                                X