No announcement yet.

When will you buy Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll wait for forum reviews as well, but I won't wait for those before I'll buy the game. I'll wait for those before I'll read them.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by alva
      OOh, weren't you going to wait for forum reviews Sir Ralph?
      According to this post, not. I may have said otherwise in the time, when there weren't any reliable informations around, but what since then has been published is enough to at least wake my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
        I remember playing civ1 that oftenly that my father used to remove my keyboard when he and my mother left for the evening, and I had to do my homework.
        One day I was sure that he would do it again, and I was defenitly planning to play some good couple of hours of civ. I decided that I could play civ with my mouse as long as I would do the first couple of handlings to start the game by keyboard.

So I started the game, pressed all the keyboard buttons I had to, turned off the monitor, unplugged the keyboard and handled it to my father with the most holy face I ever had like: "Here you got it dad"

Then they left (with the keyboard) and I ran upstairs, turned on the monitor, only to see the "Where are the save files stored" screen in which I REALLY REALLY had to press the enter key to confirm they were stored on C. (remember the all white screen with the C in the center)

I was really really pissed off
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I am going to try to resist buying Civ IV for at least a month after its release to hear from others on Apolyton about any problems it may have, and to wait for patches to become available.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I've already answered this question many times: Will get i as soon as possible and I'll will buy it as soon as possible... the cd will of course never be touched
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

But since I moved out and got maried I should be more scared for my wife to do so
              I don't want in any way insult you or your wife, but doesn't you be more afraid if a bored wife let you alone with your mouse and keyboard, and go outside for a drink and a chat with someone less "game addicted"?

I always check my wife is sleeping (alone) in our bed before ever start a Civ game. And we live at the 4th floor, just to be sure...

Back serius, the problem is that horrible "one more turn" that deprive us from sleeping enough and reduce we civvers as a "driving/walking zombie" on our way to the office. Romero should have a movie on this.
              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I am not going to buy Civ 4.

Before anyone accuses me of blasphemy or lack of addiction, consider that in my situation buying Civ 4 is the function of having family members, certain birthdays and anniversaries coming up, and a large number of very obvious hints dropped at appropriate and inappropriate times.

You could sort of consider it pre-ordered, if you wanted to.

There is always more than one strategy available!!!

(Of course, by that strategy, my copy of Myst V is already two days late, but in this case that has more to do with paycheck availability than anything else. It is a known factor of having had a kid just start college. I am pretending to wait patiently.)
                If you aren't confused,
                You don't understand.

Comment

When it is ported to the mac. I have passed over from Windows after tedious hours of trying to deal with Trojans and spybots invading through outlook and reducing my machine to a dead halt....of course, if it isn't ported I'll have to buy a new PC that will be used only for CivIV and will never be allowed anywhre near the internet.
                  War can so easily be gilt with romance and heroism and solemn national duty and patriotism and the like by persons whose superficial literary and oratorical talent covers an abyss of Godforsaken folly - G B Shaw

Comment

Preordered at amazon.uk one month ago

But I hope Firaxis will not disappoint us and give us a fully playable game in the later ages out of the box...
                    Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                    Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

I remember wandering around with spearman, suddenly facing an enemy tank!
                      I was more like: "Wow, a tank, that's cool!" though then: "woops, he's probably going to kick my ***"
                      Lol, I had the same experience

On topic: I will buy it as soon as it is available in the shops.

Comment

I remember wandering around with spearman, suddenly facing an enemy tank!
                        I was more like: "Wow, a tank, that's cool!" though then: "woops, he's probably going to kick my ***"
                        I remember the first time I saw Civ my brother was playing it, and he came into the same situation... his spearman kicked the tanks a** though
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                        X