When will you buy Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will you buy Civ4?

I will not be preorder Civ 4 due to the fact that so many people who preordered Civ3 were burned however I most likely will buy the game at some point. Whither I buy it after the first patch is released or wait until it hits the bargin bin will largely depend upon how people I trust here at poly and at other sites review the game. If the game seems to be uninspired, like Civ3 without the expansion packs was, then I'll wait for some sort of gold release with a bundled expansion pack but if it, in the vary off chance, seems to be a real freshly thought out and well executed game then I'll buy it right away.

When will you buy Civ 4?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I'll buy it from the shops as soon as it's available.
    civ1, civ2 and civ3 gave my hundreds if not thousands hours of fun. I'm sure civ4 will do so.

Even if civ4 is half the fun of civ3, it'll still be a lot of fun.
    The series didn't dissapoint me so far.

Even the CtP series, which I enjoyed certainly less then ordinairy civ were worth their money for sure.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

pre ordered it months ago
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Much must happen if I don't buy Civ4 pretty soon after its release.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

When will I buy CIV? Soon enough.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'll buy it tomorrow if it's available tomorrow. no point in waiting since if they have to fix any sort of major bugs, it'll make the game that much better the next time I play it.

Although I did enjoy getting my butt kicked in Civ 1 when I didn't know what I was doing.. ahhhh memories.

Comment

Preordered.
              If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
              Ailing Civilization Strategy
              How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
              M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

The desire to keep from getting "burned" is understandable. I was one of those that preordered Civ3. However, the only thing I was terribly upset about was the fact that I paid extra for the Limited Edition that was very much not worth it.

Since Civ4 will cost me the same amount now or later, I've simply saved myself the trouble and preordered. I don't expect huge problems out of the box and, even if there are, they will be corrected by a patch whether I own the game or not.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaSoup
                  Although I did enjoy getting my butt kicked in Civ 1 when I didn't know what I was doing.. ahhhh memories.
                  I remember wandering around with spearman, suddenly facing an enemy tank!
                  I was more like: "Wow, a tank, that's cool!" though then: "woops, he's probably going to kick my ***"

I remember playing civ1 that oftenly that my father used to remove my keyboard when he and my mother left for the evening, and I had to do my homework.
                  One day I was sure that he would do it again, and I was defenitly planning to play some good couple of hours of civ. I decided that I could play civ with my mouse as long as I would do the first couple of handlings to start the game by keyboard.

So I started the game, pressed all the keyboard buttons I had to, turned off the monitor, unplugged the keyboard and handled it to my father with the most holy face I ever had like: "Here you got it dad"

Then they left (with the keyboard) and I ran upstairs, turned on the monitor, only to see the "Where are the save files stored" screen in which I REALLY REALLY had to press the enter key to confirm they were stored on C. (remember the all white screen with the C in the center)

I was really really pissed off
                  Those dos days really sucked for boys with keyboard stealing fathers

Right now he should really steal my mouse to be effective
                  But since I moved out and got maried I should be more scared for my wife to do so
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I might pre-order, but it is more likely that I buy it at my local GAME store.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Im going to preorder. Its getting such glowing reviews from yin, I just cant resist
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

preordered

waiting to call in sick
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Pre-ordered, bought IV drip, contacted divorce lawyer.
                          Jim Cobb

Comment

I'll buy it when it comes in the stores.

Comment

OOh, weren't you going to wait for forum reviews Sir Ralph?
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X