Gamespot Late-game preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespot Late-game preview

Another day, another new preview from Gamespot.

We play around with the middle to late parts of a Civ IV game to get a feel for what to expect.

This one focuses on late-game play and also covers spies, wonder building, and victory conditions.

Also there's a bunch of new screens.

in http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/....html?page=136
    they used Al Gore's picture for the World Project (wonder? ) picture for The Internet.

I wonder if this'll be kept for the final release.

Comment

after all, he did invent the internet
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaSoup

in http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/....html?page=136
        they used Al Gore's picture for the World Project (wonder? ) picture for The Internet.

I wonder if this'll be kept for the final release.
        I hope they keep it as a easter egg.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

it's civ tradition to have these kind of fun elements. it should be kept in the final as is!
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

That made my night when I saw that. Somehow I doubt they'll keep it for final, but you never know

Comment

Here's for hoping.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

did the words "shipping late October" leave his mouth

not trusting in those words yet
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                  That made my night when I saw that. Somehow I doubt they'll keep it for final, but you never know
                  Wasn't in Civ the final (worst) ranking that quote more or less "your're hopeless as Dan Quayle"?
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I think it was. I remember the sentence at least. Who is that guy btw?
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The Vice President under Bush Sr.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

anyway, back on topic:
                        seeing so many reviews that go into the later eras is very promising! i remember my very first civ3 game crashed when i started bombing runs. that was really annoying because it was a fun game.

i am pretty positive about a higher quality this time around - despite "presponing" the release by a few weeks.

although... i'd love to hear confirmation of an acceptable quality by one of the many lucky bastards who were accepted as beta testers
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                          i am pretty positive about a higher quality this time around - despite "presponing" the release by a few weeks.

although... i'd love to hear confirmation of an acceptable quality by one of the many lucky bastards who were accepted as beta testers
                          They can't. They're busy reinstalling Windows after the game crashed horribly and took the OS with it.

Of course, just kidding.
                          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Notice the UN Screenshot?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamespot
                              Hoover Dam is now Three Gorges Dam
                              Damn.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X