No announcement yet.

Civs and Leaders List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw, why isn't cleopatra in anymore? isn't she legacy too by now?
    I think many people criticised Microprose/Firaxis for having Cleopatra as the Egyptian leader in previous Civilizations, mostly because she ran her country into the ground, got conquered by Romans and committed suicide in the end.

Hatshepsut seems like a much better choice (historically).
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus

Well, you could say that Lizzie was much more militaristic than Viccie, who would probably come across as a builder.

No you couldn't- since it was the Tudor monarch's policy not to engage in costly foreign wars, but rather to subsidize others (the Dutch, Scottish Protestants, Huguenots) or have private individuals engage in belligerent acts without the official sanction of the English crown.

Victoria's reign, on the other hand, is notable for the expansion of the British Empire and indeed her being proclaimed Empress of India- when the British took over the running of the Indian territories of the East India Company following the Mutiny.

British gunboat diplomacy is a Victorian thing- as were the Opium Wars and the Scramble for Africa.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

i meant that they were similiar in an expansionistic way.
        but you're right, they are otherwise not really equal
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
        X