Civs and Leaders List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civs and Leaders List

So, as far as I know, this is the current list.
    *= a leader that's been seen.

Americans: Washington*, FDR
    Arabs: Saladin*
    Aztecs: Montezuma (Concept Art)
    China: Qin Shi Huangti*, Mao Tse-tung*
    Egypt: Hatshepsut*
    England: Elizabeth I, Victoria*
    France: Louis XIV*, Napoleon
    Germany: Frederick the Great*, Otto von Bismarck?
    Greece: Alexander the Great*
    Incans: Huayna Capac*
    Japan: Tokugawa Ieyasu
    Mali: Mansa Musa (Concept Art)
    Mongolia: Genghis Khan*, Kublai Khan*
    Persia: Cyrus*
    Rome: Julius Caesar*
    Russia: Peter the Great (Concept Art)
    Spain: Isabella*

And we still don't know which other two civs have two leaders, either (though bets are on Egypt, Rome, or Russia).
    Last edited by Alexander I; September 23, 2005, 10:20.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

On the foreign advisor screen on this snapshot at ProG we can see the placeholder (concept art?) for Montezuma, too.
    Also Peter (still as a placeholder/concept) is showed on the screen.
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

So is there any information this list is lacking?
      We're still missing some data.
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

The most recent Gamespot preview shows Frederick as a leader (of Germans, I presume).
        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
        - Frank Herbert

Comment

Yep, that's Frederick the Great of Prussia.

Comment

One thing that just occured to me - judging from all the screenshots we have seen, and considering that we do not have fixed epochs any more, I understand that all leaders are shown in their "natural" environment, rather than changing clothes depending on the time period (so, e.g. Victoria will be wearing her "victorian" gown in 2000 B.C. and Ceasar will be wearing his toga in 2000 A.D.).

Which is a bit of a pity, even though it was only an eye candy.
            - Frank Herbert

Comment

Maybe I've missed something, but why do some civs have two leaders?
              CSPA

Comment

Some civs have two leaders because they decided to give two leaders to half the civs.

On another note, I saw a screenshot of Julius Caesar with Roman architecture behind him, as opposed to the Vatican of a later screenshot. So that means that either the backgrounds change with time, or that they simply changed Caesar's background because it would make no sense to have the Vatican there.

Comment

That could of course be religion related?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                    Maybe I've missed something, but why do some civs have two leaders?
                    The traits/preferred governments this time around are tied to a personality of the leader, instead of a civilization.

So, for example French can be ruled by either Louis XIV (Organized, Creative) or Napoleon (Expansionistic, Militaristic) and so on. Generally, about half of the civs have two leaders.
                    - Frank Herbert

Comment

Also, Ashoka and Gandhi, and also Mao and Qin (I think), have different backdrops.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        That could of course be religion related?
                        Probably not. That would be far too much work for the artists, and wouldn't make all that much sense either.

But I could be wrong.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The Incas' leader is Huayna Capac, Atahualpa's father.

Comment

Re: Civs and Leaders List

Originally posted by Alexander01
                            So, as far as I know, this is the current list.
                            *= a leader that's been seen.

Americans: Washington*, FDR
                            Arabs: Saladin*
                            Aztecs: Montezuma (Concept Art)
                            China: Qin Shi Huangti*, Mao Tse-tung*
                            Egypt: Hatshepsut*
                            England: Elizabeth I, Victoria*
                            France: Louis XIV*, Napoleon
                            Germany: Frederick the Great*, Otto von Bismarck?
                            Greece: Alexander the Great*
                            Incans: Huayna Capac
                            India: Ashoka*, Mohandas Gandhi*
                            Japan: Tokugawa Ieyasu
                            Mali: Mansa Musa (Concept Art)
                            Mongolia: Genghis Khan*, Kublai Khan*
                            Persia: Cyrus*
                            Rome: Julius Caesar*
                            Russia: Peter the Great (Concept Art)
                            Spain: Isabella*

And we still don't know which other two civs have two leaders, either (though bets are on Egypt, Rome, or Russia).

Comment

I hope Russia will get Stalin or Lenin as their alternative Civ leader. While I am not fond of either of these gentlemen, communism represents an important aspect of Russian civ, and it would be a pity not to have a Russian leader with communism as the favoured form of government.
                              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Working...
                              X