No announcement yet.

Battle history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be great to click on a crossed swords' emblem on a battle square and get a barrage of sound effects- the way that ghostly battle sounds are reported coming from Edge Hill and Culloden:

King Charles I set out from Shrewsbury for London but the government was intent on him not making it, so they sent Essex and his men to intercept him and stop his march to the capital.

The troops met halfway at Edgehill on the southern edge of Warwickshire and almost 30,000 soldiers clashed in a bloody battle, with muskets, pikes, staffs and swords leaving hundreds of men dead.

A year later, senior statesmen revisited the site and, to their terror, they witnessed a spectral re-enactment of the battle featuring men in combat that they knew to be dead.

Since then, spooky sounds and creepy apparitions have been experienced at the site, believed to be one of the most haunted in Warwickshire.

The battle is recreated by the Sealed Knot this time - not ghostly soldiers!
    The battle of Edgehill, which stands near Kineton in South Warwickshire, was the first of the English Civil War and began on 16 October, 1642.
    The battle of Edgehill was the first of the English Civil War and though it was over quickly, the sounds of war continue to echo over the countryside.
    Attached Files
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The sound effects would be a nice touch. The weapons used in the English Civil War really interest me. So transitional...early firearms and pikes and yet some swords, armor, and helmets.
      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Working...
      X