Clear All

• New screenshots

Some new screenshots to enjoy.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

awesome!
    notice the size of the units. obviously scallable, so the whining can really stop.

edit: what the heck is that pic of agora/temple/marketplace looking fine and crappy (split screen)?

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
      edit: what the heck is that pic of agora/temple/marketplace looking fine and crappy (split screen)?
      The top one looks like a painting whereas the bottom one looks computer generated.
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

nah, it seems like closeup of city view...and perhaps showing level of happiness or something....just guessing..where the first screen is what your city looks like if they are dying of scurvy and the second one if they are fleecing neighbouring markets...
        dunno...

Comment

Very nice screenies And we finally get to see the concept art for Mansa Musa (I guess)
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

What are all those little circles above the units flag?

Some have 1, some have more. One even has 7.

Comment

Number of upgrades, I'd bet.

Comment

If so then 4 seems to be the max. number of promotions.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  If so then 4 seems to be the max. number of promotions.
                  Why 4?

I count 3 units that have more than 4 dots...

Comment

It's the number of other units in the square, of course.

Comment

In the final page of the pictures, with the third last global picture, what the hell are those heads of lions suppose to represent?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                        Some new screenshots to enjoy.
                        Thanks a lot GeoModder!

My weekly dose... (I don't expect daily doses anymore. )

Originally posted by LaRusso
                        awesome!
                        notice the size of the units. obviously scallable, so the whining can really stop.
                        The graphics are even looking better...
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                          In the final page of the pictures, with the third last global picture, what the hell are those heads of lions suppose to represent?
                          Lions. Early barbarians include wild animals now

Comment

thanks GeoModder

I liked the screenie where the city was following the terrain

Gads sept just started, why cant it be oct all ready
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Checking on that 13 pop sized Spanish city, a thought struck me. I've been wondering what all those little groups of houses around cities meant... How about that such a small village shows the player that that tile is worked but not 'terraformed'? (no mill, farm, whatever on the tile).
                              Firaxis did tell us offen enough that a player can see the worked tiles by it's animated terrain, but empty tiles can hardly show animations so perhaps this is their solution for that?
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X