Just ordered Civ4 from Amazon UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver

I'd rather get Civ4 in late December or even in January 2006 than get a game that clearly needed more work before it's released. .

anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Amazon guesses the release date of games and the like based on information available to them at the time they put the game/cd/dvd up on their pages. Civ 4 has been available for pre-order there for some months now, when September 2005 was a good guess for a release date. I pre ordered Doom 3 from there, it said it was going to be released June 2003, but it didn't arrive then, it arrived August 2004 when it was officially released. The release date they showed remained the same until about 2-3 weeks before. I'd expect Amazon to update the info at the begining of September. Sending them an email won't get you anywhere either, but you can always try
      Random signature generator - Press Ctrl & W to see more!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        Delaying a game isn't neccessarily a bad thing. An extra month of polishing work can make all the difference in the world.

I'd rather get Civ4 in late December or even in January 2006 than get a game that clearly needed more work before it's released. Too many publishers press their release dates, and as a result, too many games are released that are lacking only a few weeks of work - which is then delivered in a patch.
        Quite right. Couldn't agree more with you.

I've also preordered C4 at Amazon UK but the dispatch date is almost certainly wrong. It won't be in September, most likely end of November- early December.

In fact I also ordered Brady's -cough- "strategy" guide (yeah, yeah I know, but I'm a sucker for civ and civ-related gadgets). And the date Amazon gives is late November for the guide, which is closer to the mark I believe.

The one and only true strategy guide I've ever read is Velocyrix's SMAX 4.0
        If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
        Ailing Civilization Strategy
        How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
        M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

Working...
        X