Just ordered Civ4 from Amazon UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered Civ4 from Amazon UK

They say it will be with me 30 September. Seems quick, anyone else seeing pre-orders with delivery with this timescale?

M

That date's wrong. As it is now, there seems like the game will come before Christmas, which probably means late November.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Here is a bit of the email.

Dispatch estimate for these items: 28 Sep 2005
      Delivery estimate: 30 Sep 2005 - 4 Oct 2005 1 "Civilization IV (PC)"
      Video Game; £30.62 (approx. EUR 45,15)

Quite odd, they must be making a big mistake... or the release date is sooner than anyone knows???

My bet is on Amazon being rubbish, but I'll be very happy to be proved wrong.

M

Comment

Doubtfully. All internet shops tend to just make a wild guess that they move forward and backwards until there comes a real date.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Just saw that Tom's hardware have s quoted September 2005 release date.

Mad. Tom's aren't that reliable in general for tech stuff. We'll see.

I am OFFICIALLY EXCITED however.

M

Comment

the early release date secures more early preorders. nothing more than that.

Comment

Firaxis themselves have said mid November and I've never heard of a game being released before the projected date, so...

Comment

Originally posted by volcanohead
                Just saw that Tom's hardware have s quoted September 2005 release date.
                you read a hardware site for gaming release dates?
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

When you're desperate for CIV news, you'll do almost anything, up to but not neccessarily camping out in front of Firaxis' building to keep track of how many hours Soren works per day.

Comment

You must hate seeing him (or any other Firaxian) online here. (means he's not busy with your precious)
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

nah, they come here to see what I think should be in the game and then they go do it, then they come back here to see what else I want to be in CIV. Because my opinion is the most important to them, obviously.

Comment

He´ll be very surprised
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                          nah, they come here to see what I think should be in the game and then they go do it, then they come back here to see what else I want to be in CIV. Because my opinion is the most important to them, obviously.
                          Great, now we need to wait for Civ5. BAN HIM

GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                            When you're desperate for CIV news, you'll do almost anything, up to but not neccessarily camping out in front of Firaxis' building to keep track of how many hours Soren works per day.
                            I have the programmers home residences wire tapped. Getting in the Firaxis building seemed a little too difficult with security and all.

From what I gater from conversations amongst themselves with the other programmers. Mid Novembers seems to be accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              you read a hardware site for gaming release dates?
                              and a bad (sponsored) one at that.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X