Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convince me why I should convince you to buy Civ4.

You should buy it when you think it's right to do so. Like a recommendation above, wait until the community has played it for awhile and has put out some new content. If I only would've waited to buy moo3, I wouldn't have thrown the cd into the fire.

In the end though, most people here are Civ fans so you won't hear many people saying anything bad about the game without playing it. To many like myself, it looks great and I'm sure a lot of us are really excited about the next installment.

The main reason you should buy the game right off the bat is because you have read previews, looked at screenshots and have made an informed decision to purchase it. Not because of the hype.

Comment

Re: Re: Convince me why I should be excited about Civ IV

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      Why? I don't particularly care about whether you're excited about CivIV. Particularly when you're just trolling.
      QFT!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Don't reredo anything. The only thing you would achieve is to have it to rereredo. The best way to avoid negative response is to stop trolling and attention-whoring.

Even if it were possible to convince somebody to have a feeling like excitement, what do you expect us to do anyway? To list all revealed features, interpretations and speculations again and again ad nauseam? Please do yourself and all of us a favor and visit the features threads in this forum. There you will find all information available. Thanks kindly, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          you should wait until civ4 costs 5$
          Like MOO3?
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Yolky, weren't you one of the civ3 haters?

If you don't like civ3, I can understand why you won't get excited about civ4.

Some people don't like the direction the franchise is heading, but I feel really positive about this one. Moreso than Civ3 after Brian left.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
              Like MOO3?
              i think moo3 is still over $5, around $10
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

$4.99 at the local store. (I think I paid $49 for mine when it came out )
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  you should wait until civ4 costs 5$

and come back to the threads to see the exictement continue after the release
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                    My advice: DON'T buy Civ 4 off the shelf. Period. Wait for the Gold Edition and, more importantly, fan content to be on tap. At that point, you'll not only likely have something to be excited about, but there will be actual evidence on the table for you to evaluate in coming to your own conclusion.
                    So, did you ever buy Civ3?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                      My advice: DON'T buy Civ 4 off the shelf. Period. Wait for the Gold Edition and, more importantly, fan content to be on tap. At that point, you'll not only likely have something to be excited about, but there will be actual evidence on the table for you to evaluate in coming to your own conclusion.

Fan content this, fan content that. Maybe I should have waited until this year to buy Baldur's Gate II so I could use the "essential" Tactics Module?
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Yes...if you felt that you had been burned by previous titles and needed convincing before paying any money. Context, my friend, context.
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

The best decision for any game is not to buy it the day it is released.

Wait a few weeks, get feedback from players, and then make your decision based on that.

(I don't understand this need to get games the day they are released - after all, a few weeks isn't going to kill you...and if it does, I pity you )
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I think the intense passion of the civilization fans in here will mod it to the point where you will not be able to stop playing Civ4. I think part of the excitedment is seeing what people can come up with to keep the game from every getting stale. Mods are part the addiction and Civ4 is going to be easy to mod or thats what has been reported.
                            This has been the case with every game I have picked up. Call to Power 1 and 2 -Hearts of Iron 1 and 2 -Superpower...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
                              The best decision for any game is not to buy it the day it is released.

Wait a few weeks, get feedback from players, and then make your decision based on that.

(I don't understand this need to get games the day they are released - after all, a few weeks isn't going to kill you...and if it does, I pity you )
                              I always tell myself not to buy it the first week it's out. But I always do with civ games. The reason? Because I post ehre, and when I see everyone else talking about it, I have to play. I can usually hold off on RPG's until I get som reviews in.

Comment

Closed at the request of thread starter.
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X