This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convince me why I should be excited about Civ IV

I have to reredo my post, again I can't make my point across. will redo later.

close for now please.
    Last edited by Yolky; August 26, 2005, 00:28.

Hey, what's the point of this thread?

Why should we convince anyone?

Everyone is free to be excited about what he wants and if you're not excited about cIV then what's your problem, go be excited about something else and when cIV at last comes in, take a look at it.
    It's even good for you as if it (god save) is bad, you won't be so dissatisfied, but if it turns out to be good (we all hope), you'll be surprised positively!
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

The reason for this post, is it seems I am not allowed to have my opnion of not being excited. It seems to offend some people for making a few points then being called a crybaby in certian ways, so there for I say why should I be excited then.

If as you say everyone is allowed their opinion how come I get attacked for mine, since it dosn't agree with the main stream?

I might have taken your comment wrong, but it's so easy (or lazy) to negativily comment on someones post than constructivly help them. That is what I am asking thenm, constructively correct me.

Comment

Heah, no use of flaming, there are plenty of people who're not able to accept different viewpoint and to avoid being called "crybaby" for not being excited about cIV, just don't come this forum.

What's the reason of coming here every so and often if you are not so excited.
        This is forum for those who're excited and are expecting..

I am not very excited as well for the most part of it, but for the open source.
        Actually that's the main reason I care about cIV at all.
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
          What's the reason of coming here every so and often if you are not so excited.
          This is forum for those who're excited and are expecting..
          That is not true.

Aside from this, there is little reason to convince somebody to be excited about something. Excitement in the sense you use it is a feeling of positive expectation. Feelings are something you have to develop yourself, no other person can do this for you (Yolky).

Everyone of us (well nearly, excluding the betatesters, which I am sure merely lurk here and don't post) has the same data about the game. Some of them are facts, revealed by developers, some interpretations from screenshots or "reading between the lines", some mere speculations. If this data is enough to cause positive expectations (= excitement) about the game in you, fine. If not, there is no way to convince you, just like nobody can convince you to love (the amorous way) another person.
          Last edited by Harovan; August 25, 2005, 11:14.

Comment

What he said.

I didn't read your earlier post, but now you seem to be whining about people calling you crybaby, crybaby
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Sir Ralph rocks
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Re: Convince me why I should be excited about Civ IV

Why? I don't particularly care about whether you're excited about CivIV. Particularly when you're just trolling.

Comment

My advice: DON'T buy Civ 4 off the shelf. Period. Wait for the Gold Edition and, more importantly, fan content to be on tap. At that point, you'll not only likely have something to be excited about, but there will be actual evidence on the table for you to evaluate in coming to your own conclusion.
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                    My advice: DON'T buy Civ 4 off the shelf. Period. Wait for the Gold Edition and, more importantly, fan content to be on tap. At that point, you'll not only likely have something to be excited about, but there will be actual evidence on the table for you to evaluate in coming to your own conclusion.
                    I have to agree with this position. As has been said before, you have the same clues and shreds of information that we all do. If that makes you excited, (like me!!!) fine. If not, then that's fine as well. We all have different definitions of what's acceptable in a new game. Some of us have rather loose ones. Maybe that makes us gullible or something. I don't care.

I don't think you should care what we think either. I think you should wait before you buy and watch the reaction of people on the boards whose opinion you can respect. If they aren't complaining too loudly, then go for it. Otherwise, find some bettter investment for your money. It's your life; make it as happy as you can.

As for me, I consider myself morally strong just because I haven't gone out and found one of those counter programs to remind me how many days until release date. It is possible that my excitement would be so contagious that being here physically would somehow infect you, but that just doesn't work over the net. Actually, it doesn't even seem to work with the people I live with, either. Hmmmm.
                    If you aren't confused,
                    You don't understand.

Comment

Agreed, I'm waiting for the SDK to be released before buying Civ4.

Yolky, if you said Chess was a bad game because the pawns were too small, you would probably receive the same treatment as you did in your previous thread. Make a good point please. You were also at times difficult to understand in your writing.

Comment

you should wait until civ4 costs 5$
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

The reason I'm excited about CIV is because I loved Civ1 and Civ2. Of course, this led to some dissapoint with CivIII. :shrug:

Comment

Just wait for the first USER reviews
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

You are excited, it's just that your excitement level is either very low or possibly even negative. Even negative excitement is excitement though. I, however doubt that it is the case, because you wouldn't be asking about the game or even curious about it's content if you weren't excited. If you have clicked on one review or one screenshot (even right clicked a screen shot as I have) then you are excited. You may just be in the closet about it.

Closet Case Excitement
                              GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Working...
                              X