Unlimited Replacements in Civ IV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OR moving units inside your territory is ok
    moving them OUT consists in a migration, and then the pop loss should be counted. but there should always be a loss of production when a unit is outside the city or origin
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Well, the bread-loss idea makes some point when creating units... Less farmers, more soldiers... WWII Soviet Union's dillemma... (sort of)
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Re: Unlimited Replacements in Civ IV?

Originally posted by Lancer
        For some reason it reminds me of someone telling me to 'have a nice day'. Not that that makes much sense either.
        Don't let Panag hear you say that.

- have a nice day.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Yep, if we go for a realistic game, we cannot have this "unlimited replacements" thing.

But we can't have a totally realistic game. Better saying, we already have this game: it's called "Real Life".

Edited

Where is Panag? I've missed him!
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
            I said long ago that major units in civ should cost population. Some number of people or bread in the bread box, but not whole population POINTS.
            Yep, this would be excellent. It could bleed a civ white during wartime, when you churn out units like hell, but it would barely affect a Civ during peacetime, as there are many turns where you build improvements instead of units.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
              Where is Panag? I've missed him!
              Don't know. Looks like his logon was deleted.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Don't know. Looks like his logon was deleted.
                Really? how's that?
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Don't know. Did a search on his name to see when he last posted and it was gone.

Comment

the search feature isn't that great. Did you look to in the screen name list to see if he's still there?

Comment

Working...
                    X