Ok, I really need some new news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeoModder
    From the look of that city, it seems like wonders or special buildings replace huts and houses within the city tile itself.
    Well, that's hitting the limit of "one square wide" civ concept.
    I suppose that we can save some room because new specialized city concept could favour more distributed wonders building (not every wonder into the same city).

I wonder if that's why there are so many houses/settlements outside the city tile or if those are a separate object.
    They are separate objects. They are "on main map" indicator of a worked/workable tile, IIRC.

O.T.: Getting colder: hybernation process started.
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

horses by a bong ???

a small wonder ?

eveybody save your empty boxes for yin...
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
        Oh crap...

I still see road/railroad spam

I wonder if you can fix this by adding some maintance cost to roads/railroads
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The presence of road spam in that screenshot is not an indication of it being neccessary .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

No, but the AI will probably do it anyway
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

wouldnt work unless the AI knew about these maintenance costs and knew how to avoid massive costs by extension.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

In Humanitas we decided that well, since irrigation is an improvement of that land, its common sense to believe that there will be roads there. So we decided that we will make irrigations acts as roads, this helps to unclutter the land with roads.

Of course, we thought, it would be nice if we could still see roads connecting to cities, so we made it so that you can see the MAIN road connections between all your cities.

What do people think of this idea? I still think there's enough time for Firaxis to implement something like this.

Maybe someone should open a vote thread and get some response from Firaxis.
                be free

Comment

I like it. I always thought there should be a distinction between roads and major highways. Eliminating the need for roads in local city improvements is a good idea, while your workers still have to connect cities with the larger highways.

But will this make the AI connect cities with irrigation instead of roads?

Anyway, someone should get this idea to Firaxis tout suite!
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                    In Humanitas we decided that well, since irrigation is an improvement of that land, its common sense to believe that there will be roads there. So we decided that we will make irrigations acts as roads, this helps to unclutter the land with roads.
                    Well, I wonder how does it show, if you already tried to paint a large map with dozen cities? There are screenshots available to us, about this concept? The world landscape seems more realistic?

May I still build road without the need to irrigate the terrain, or mine it? (I'm thinking about fast unit movement far from cities, as in Civ III: maybe rules of Humanitas will make this not useful).
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

From the look of that city, it seems like wonders or special buildings replace huts and houses within the city tile itself. I wonder if that's why there are so many houses/settlements outside the city tile or if those are a separate object.
                      Very good question.
                      M. le Comte

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                        The presence of road spam in that screenshot is not an indication of it being neccessary .
                        There will be railroad / road spam in Civ IV ! If I cannot cover the whole continent with star-shaped roads in each tile, I don't buy the game.

Road spam IS Civ.
                        Civ IS road spam.
                        M. le Comte

Comment

No Military leaders classed as "great people".Is this sinister left wing political bias by Sid.

Comment

Originally posted by ashbery
                            No Military leaders classed as "great people".Is this sinister left wing political bias by Sid.
                            Damn liberals!

RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas
                            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

IMPORTANT UPDATE

no news is good news
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

But, but, we got news yesterday...
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X