Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Worst Fear for Civ 4 (The Negativity Post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yin26
    Visit Yin's grave, you'll see. Right on the head stone it's there:

'Here lies Yin. Based on cities overtaken, achievements accomplished, and science researched, history will forever deem him YIN the FOOLISH.'"

Reporter: "So you think it was kind of like a religion to Yin?"

Solver: "Nah, man. Yin hated religion...that and culture flipping."
    At least you'll not have that Civ quote about Dan Quayle!
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• Adm.Naismith,

sorry 'bout the late reply.

Personalities and unique traits are already in the game. We will be looking at an image of an angry Napoleon on the the screen, so they may as well accept the fact fully that since we SEE a personality so clearly - we will as much or more be playing against Napoleon as the French - then it should be as fully developed as possible, in both dialogue, unique units and tactics(though tactics is more similar between similar civilizations). That's why I can't agree with you that defining the traits for a civilization is difficult (unless for pub jokes), since we will be as much be playing against that damn Queen Victoria with her redcoats as against England. I'm sure a little irony/fun on the cost on some nations isn't as troublesome as having fun with someone's religion and will IMO raise the game quite a bit.
      What's most important with diplomacy isn't the humour though, it's the feeling that many of the civilizations are putting a lot of preassure on you, preassure that makes sense from the perspective of who they are, and are put forth in their own way.
      From what I have seen from screens, dialogue looks a bit stiffly made, and may not be personality based at all(in that sense that the personalities use the same phrases whenever the circumstances are similar).
      I do somewhat agree with the things that you have said, though my perspective remains different from yours.

Freddz

Comment

• why not mod the dialogue to your needs ?
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• I'd rather work on modifying my own imperfect dialogue(monologue), or yours if I could
          Last edited by Freddz; September 25, 2005, 17:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26

Solver: "Nah, man. Yin hated religion...that and culture flipping."

Hilarious!

Comment

Working...
            X