Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could hit a button to alter reality...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could hit a button to alter reality...

Would you hit the button to change to an alternate reality where Firaxis chose SMAC 2 as the game being released in Nov.?

Or would you lay off the button, sit back and type a thank you email to Firaxis for choosing to make Civ 4 instead?

I choose SMAC 2.
    "push"...I want SMAC 2
    17.39%
    Nope, I want Civ 4
    82.61%
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Better stick with Civ 4.

What if my mother was killed in the alternate reality before I was born? Would my vote in this poll even count?
    Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
    The continuing saga of The Five Nations
    A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

both

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        both
        Ditto.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Never got into SMAC. Civ IV all the way.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I want both too, but push to shove...it's SMAC 2 for me.
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

SMAC 2, but without Brian running it, I think it would fail to impress.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

good point, perhaps that should have been a stipulation.
                Last edited by vee4473; July 24, 2005, 17:41.

Comment

actually, the main reason for this poll was because I just started playing the game again and it dawned on me how enjoyable it is in most respects.

As I was playing, I noticed how some parts of the game are most certainly outdated and could use an upgrade...hence my alternate reality poll...to see how many agreed with me.

It seems like SMAC 2 should have been next. We had Civ 3, I would have liked SMAC2 then Civ 4, etc..

Or even a simultaneous release.

I get the feeling that SMAC is getting pushed to the back burner in favor of Civ.

And I guess I can see why. Civ is more famous of a franchise and can make more money I guess.

It just hurts to see such a worthy game rot.

Comment

Civ was the original and will draw a larger audience, so of course they'll push that over SMAC2.

I always liked Civ better anyway

Comment

I think it's the sci-fi "futuristic" aspect that makes SMAC edge Civ out for me.

I love the reality of civ, but when smac came out, the sci-fi aspect was intriguing. (sp?)

Comment

Well, on the Firaxis site there is this bit:

Question: Do you think there will be a follow up to Alpha Centauri? I just restarted playing it - after having been able to NOT play for a few years - and here we go again; all-nighters when my alarm clock tells me to go to work or get some sleep.
                        Sid: We get lots of requests from fans asking us to make another Alpha Centauri…and we’ve been talking about it quite a bit lately. So…it’s definitely a possibility down the road. Go get those Spartans!
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

That's good news Yin. I fall into that guys category.

I still think it's a pipe dream though.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                            Never got into SMAC. Civ IV all the way.

Comment

I realize that posting this poll in this forum is kind of like walking into the lions den, but this is the most appropriate place.

I contemplated putting it in the AC forum, and I might, but this still seemed like the place.

I love Civ. and smac. I suck at 'em, but I love 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X