Plauges & Pestilences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sophist

You still need some reasoning about how the disease spreads and how hard it hits. This kind of mechanism also makes it clearer to the player what is happening, giving them the ability to manage it. I think players would find it frustrating if it was completely random, and they were completely powerless to do anything about it. The way I describe is mostly deterministic and suggests ways that a player could protect his/her civ from such an epidemic. A player should be able to make sense of it.

Candidates for diseases in the game:
    Bubonic plague
    Smallpox
    Cholera
    Typhus
    Influenza
    Then immunisation should be added to the list of discoveries (and medical aid center to buildings).

Overall I am for deseases.

Comment

Setting diseases for civs becoming more and more complex isn't that bad as idea- but dealing with them would require new "health luxuries" to be developed
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
      X