Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PETITION: Delay Civ 4 Until Easter...Please Sign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
    (who hasn´t been Yined before)
    You know you are HoF material when your user ID becomes a verb.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Dude, you´ve been here longer than I´ve been. You should know Yin by now... Frankly, I´m amazed he still upsets people other than n00bs (who hasn´t been Yined before)
      Maybe it disturbs me more because once I used to work side by side with yin.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Well, that explains it...
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

You know you are HoF material when your user ID becomes a verb.
          It takes more than HoF Of 67 people in the HoF only two has had this distinct honor AFAIK. DanS and now Yin (if it catches on )

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
            this poll was doomed from the start
            yin just wanted an excuse so he can say "i told you so" if something bad happens

well I for one would prefer to see a completed game - yeah yeah I said it before, and I will say it again, I do not sell a half pulled beer at my pub...

Yes. It's like getting two extra patches!

better to have a great game, then one that leaves you sitting outside on the bonnet of the car

struth, we are still playing C3C pbems of patch 1.15, and the never to be copmpleted 1.22

long live games that are in need of very very little patching
            Attached Files
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Your picture reminds me of my drive to work last night.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

It takes more than HoF Of 67 people in the HoF only two has had this distinct honor AFAIK. DanS and now Yin (if it catches on )
                Don't forget Fez.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex
                  Don't forget Fez.
                  He's not in the HoF.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Well, he should be.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• Hall of Shame is more like it

Comment

Dude, you´ve been here longer than I´ve been. You should know Yin by now... Frankly, I´m amazed he still upsets people other than n00bs (who hasn´t been Yined before)
                        This is hilarious. I'd be flattered if I didn't know how this is likely to turn out, but here it goes:

What does it mean to you to be "Yined"?

...readies himself...
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• I'm a new poster, and have not been Yined(?), but I do disagree entirely with the original post.

I just want to play. I don't really care if multiplayer doesn't work very well, or if Mali is in or not, or how far I can go by train in a single turn, or whether or not the graphics are merely window dressing, or even if athieism should be considered a religion.

I want to play Civ 4, and I want to play tomorrow, if possible.

It's impossible to release a perfect game, so why bother trying?

Just let me play.....for the love of God, PLEASE let me play ( tomorrow if possible, thanks firaxis)

Comment

• To answer the original premise of this thread (and not get side-tracked with attacks on Yin...no matter how tempting... ), nobody here (except Firaxis employees) knows if adding 4 months to development time would truly improve the game or not. We don't know where they are in the development process. If by delaying the game they'd put out a better, less buggy version of Civ, then I'd say delay. Otherwise, no delay.

To summarize, the correct answer everyone should have chosen was:
                            "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

• hahaha indeed

and the PR people would never allow the developers to tell us the truth on patch requirements that they know about already etc

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Most of the patch requirements on CivIII were play balance issues not bugs

Balance issues are best picked up through extended testing by experienced players, which CivIII did not have. Civ IV on the other hand is being tested by the absentees from this board and so should be much better on first release.

Will it be better if they spend another 3 months testing it? Not noticeably - so don't delay the release
                                "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Working...
                                X