Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PETITION: Delay Civ 4 Until Easter...Please Sign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sabre2th

My music preferences not withstanding, I have no problem seeing what people mean by "decadence of music."

Because of the problems they had during development, Civ3 fell short of Firaxis's own expectations and those of much of the community. The decrease of features and the number of bugs demonstrate that. Was Civ3 a good game? Yes. Did it have as big of an impact as people wanted/Firaxis intended? No.

Hmm... But you have a problem seeing what I meant with this little joke.

What I'm saying is: It's a matter of opinion. Civ III had a huge impact... for me, and a LOT of big posters here. I can't assume that Civ III is a fiasco because you said so. It's not what my experience tells me. And this is not because I am incapable to know how suit was play CivII... This is bull****. You're underestimating me, or so it seems. Some flamers here would consider this an insult, if happened with them....

But not me, I'm an optimist, and a peaceful guy! (well, not in RL... I mean, I'm peaceful, but not so optimistic... ))
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Comment

• These will be my last of these entries, as I'm finding sequels to my original work dull at this point. Boris, obviously, could do this forever with boundless glee (indeed, I'm beginning to understand the Civ 4 / Boris similarities here!):

I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• so, who are you? the 14 year old guy who goes to the kindergarden to tell the children that santa does not exist? Or even better: that santa is just a cheap copy of the dutch sinterklaas and that the children shouldn't be happy with santa since he's not even much diffferent then sinterklaas.

of santa is not your cup of tea, don't dress like santa and don't go to meetings were santa is. it's that easy.

now go to the doom 3 boards and tell them that doom 3 is in fact wolfenstein 1.7 with fancy graphics.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26
            You are such a tool mate, such a tool.

Thought you were leaving?

Comment

• That last one especially describes you

Comment

• what was this thread about
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

Hmm... But you have a problem seeing what I meant with this little joke.

What I'm saying is: It's a matter of opinion. Civ III had a huge impact... for me, and a LOT of big posters here. I can't assume that Civ III is a fiasco because you said so. It's not what my experience tells me. And this is not because I am incapable to know how suit was play CivII... This is bull****. You're underestimating me, or so it seems. Some flamers here would consider this an insult, if happened with them....

But not me, I'm an optimist, and a peaceful guy! (well, not in RL... I mean, I'm peaceful, but not so optimistic... ))
                  It wasn't a fiasco because I said it was. I can't be underestimating you because I haven't made up my mind what I think of you yet.

I would say losing half your team and having to restart development of a game without pushing back the release date is a fiasco. It has nothing to do with you or your opinion of the game.

Comment

• Actually, I thought Civ3 turned out pretty well, considering all the trouble Firaxis went through with their personel at the time. From an internal point of view, it may have been a fiasco. But from a customer point of view, Civ3 itself was about what you'd expect out of the industry. It didn't come with the originally promised MP, but it was playable. At least, mostly.

For fiasco, reference MoO3. Now, that was a fiasco.
                    -Darkstar
                    (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabre2th

It wasn't a fiasco because I said it was. I can't be underestimating you because I haven't made up my mind what I think of you yet.

I would say losing half your team and having to restart development of a game without pushing back the release date is a fiasco. It has nothing to do with you or your opinion of the game.
                      No problem with that. But when you say this...

Originally posted by Sabre2th

If your first taste of Civ was Civ3, then I don't expect you to fully grasp what people mean by "Civ3 fiasco."

I'm not a moron playing Civ III because I don't know any better

It's perfectly possible to me understand why you and other guys consider Civ III a fiasco.
                      But I can't agree for many reasons, including how profitable this franchise is. And because, after all, “fiasco” means “a complete failure”.
                      Civ III gave me frequently (I should say “always” ) that comfortable, sweet and familiar “one more turn” feeling. This is not a complete failure.

I'm still playing Civ III now, and I thinking about re-install Civ II… After all that discussion, I’m willing to play it again.
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Poor word choice on my part, I suppose. They had issues.

Comment

• I'll sign your petition, but I don't think FIraxis cares one bit who signs it, or how many. Unless it was like.. 1000 people.

Comment

• Despite the difficulties preceding its release, CivIII can not be called a failure, let alone a disaster. It actually has become a pretty good game, with its best patch being Play The World version 1.27f. Had Conquests just nerfed Industrious without introducing a new overpowered trait (Agricultural is more powerful than Industrious ever was), fixed the MP hardships and the city rank corruption exploit (RCP) and added some extended tools for scenario building, it would have been awesome. However, these changes would not have justified an expansion pack, but merely a final patch.

Seven additional civs and some new units of Conquests were nothing but fluff, and the scenarios nice but unnecessary, because scenarios should be the domain of the fan community.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

so, who are you? the 14 year old guy who goes to the kindergarden to tell the children that santa does not exist? Or even better: that santa is just a cheap copy of the dutch sinterklaas and that the children shouldn't be happy with santa since he's not even much diffferent then sinterklaas.

of santa is not your cup of tea, don't dress like santa and don't go to meetings were santa is. it's that easy.

now go to the doom 3 boards and tell them that doom 3 is in fact wolfenstein 1.7 with fancy graphics.
                              Dude, you´ve been here longer than I´ve been. You should know Yin by now... Frankly, I´m amazed he still upsets people other than n00bs (who hasn´t been Yined before)
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X