New Leaderheads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Leaderheads!

In Gamespot's most recent video preview with Jeff Briggs, several new leaderheads are visible, including:

Cyrus (most prominently)
    and at least two others that are somewhat blurry, which I think are Mansa Musa (or whichever Malinese ruler) and Elizabeth I, perhaps?

Also, I would like to say kudos to Firaxis for a Persian leader who looks like a Persian leader!!!
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Ok, here's the picture of Cyrus.
    Compare with my Avatar of King Darius, who also is portrayed like the typical Persian king. Not bad, eh? I'd take it over Civ3's Xerxes anyday.
    Attached Files
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

His beard should be longer. Looking nice otherwise. Could do with a bit more of a tan, perhaps.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
        His beard should be longer. Looking nice otherwise. Could do with a bit more of a tan, perhaps.
        Yes, the beard should be longer, and it should have the distinctive curls in it that mark most monarchs of ancient Mesopotamia.

However, I'm grateful for what I can get.

Comment

Looks good
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

He looks very european, if you shawed him, I'd say he's Russian or even German.

He lacks persian nose and eyebrows and his cheek bones are also a bit uncharacteristic for Persians.

Also - IIRC Persian monarchs and nobles liked to colour/shade their eyes just like modern women do, the picture lacks it too..

And his erm.. *how do you call beard on upper lip?*, is just like that of Minhauzen's (18th-19th century Wester-Central European style).
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
              He looks very european, if you shawed him, I'd say he's Russian or even German.

He lacks persian nose and eyebrows and his cheek bones are also a bit uncharacteristic for Persians.

Also - IIRC Persian monarchs and nobles liked to colour/shade their eyes just like modern women do, the picture lacks it too..

And his erm.. *how do you call beard on upper lip?*, is just like that of Minhauzen's (18th-19th century Wester-Central European style).
              Well Persians are Indo-European after all...

His mustache is a problem, eh? And I'm sure they left out the makeup because they didn't want to give them impression that Cyrus the Great was effeminate.

Okay, so he could stand to be a bit more dark-complected with a longer beard and perhaps a modified mustache, but it's still light years ahead of Civ3's Xerxes, who had no mustache and very little beard at all, and was a beatnik who came out of a local Philadelphia poetry reading.

Comment

Here's Civ3's Xerxes for those of you who don't remember him.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hum.. somethings wrong...

Ah, he doesn't have black eye.
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                  X