No announcement yet.

Is it harder to make a good civ game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn based grand strategy is under done. I'd buy a twinkie if it promised turn based grand strategy.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I think it is harder. Because when making a sequal, you want to add new things, but not stray too far. You get the problem that people are more critical. It was easier with the earlier Civs because it was new and original. Sequals of great games are always harder to please people.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

People are more critical, sure, but you also have a built-in audience. You don't have to sell the game to people starting from scratch. It evens out.

Comment

the only thing i care about right now is the release date of civ4 over here...after that i will say if i like it or not...GIMME CIV4 GODDAMNIT
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

For whoever is really reading this:
            I am and was pretty positive about the development of the franchise since its beginning. But this doesn't mean that there aren't some parts I'd like to see being done differently, neither does it mean that there aren't ameliorations to be brought and discussed.

And about Civ4, frankly, it seems to go like a dream if we consider the limits which are imposed on the game development (human, budget or technical limits).
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
              Waddya want for $50?

Seriously though, I may wait until after everyone here buys it and see what they think of it.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

@Lancer: "sub-ifs" Man, that is pure greatness. You are to be commended.
                thanks!
                "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
                "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
                Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

Working...
                X