X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New for Civ4 wishlist

Must...resist...OTF...temptations...

Originally posted by RogerR
    2. supply routes to deployed units, represented by a line on the map, if the line were breached by enemy foward units lose efectiveness. The lines would originate in a friendly city.
    That might look good on paper, but in the game, espescially late in the game, where there are hundreds, if not thousands of units, your computer would lock up as processing the supply routes would take a staggering amount of information (not to mention how cluttered up the screen would become).
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

It would only have to calculate supply lines for one unit on each tile. Even if you have thousands of units in the game, you're not likely to have each one on its own tile. Chances are, most will be sharing a tile with multiple other units. Furthermore, I assume supply lines would only come into effect for units not in your own or allied territory.

Comment

Yep... thousands of units!

It would still clutter the screen terriably...
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

this will help

Abbreviations, abrreviations

other than that, the second most important clue is always vote banana !
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I was thinking that one line would supply a tile and say two out from it in every direction; any unit on any of these tiles would be affected. As the central tile would move so would the surrounding tiles, therefore as long as you keep your units in a group, all is well. I was also thinking that you should be able to toggle the lines on and off. This would only effect land units and mostly during war time. So i don't believe that it would totally clutter the map.

Comment

Working...
            X