Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News: Your units will speak the nations language.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Though words of Aztec, Mayan, or ancient Malian might still exist I don't think they can fully convey the full meaning of phrases such as "My words are backed with nuclear weapons".
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

All your base are belong to us.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
          All your base are belong to us.
          SMAC memories coming back? Or a more subtle citation I can't understand?

(BTW Thinkgeek.com sell a t-shirt showing this quote, but mentioned it as an obscure reference ).
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

"All your base" is the classic quote, I don't remember seeing that quite in SMAC though
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                Though words of Aztec, Mayan, or ancient Malian might still exist I don't think they can fully convey the full meaning of phrases such as "My words are backed with nuclear weapons".
                They'll just use modern Nahuatl, some modern Maya language, and modern Mandé (or whatever the Mali language is called), one assumes. Not really different from having the English speaking Mod Eng in the ancient age.

More interesting is what they're gonna do for the Babylonians - Akkadian is extinct since a couple millennia.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Interesting feature.... sounds very cool
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    They'll just use modern Nahuatl, some modern Maya language, and modern Mandé (or whatever the Mali language is called), one assumes. Not really different from having the English speaking Mod Eng in the ancient age.

More interesting is what they're gonna do for the Babylonians - Akkadian is extinct since a couple millennia.
                    They'd speak babble, of course

Comment

I have a strong suspicion that for the civs the developers have no idea how their language is supposed to sound (or couldn't find anyone to voicework for them) we'll be hearing a lot of "firaxlish" sounds.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                        Just because it isn't spoken by a people anymore doesn't mean scholars don't know the language:

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

HOT.

Now, I hope that someone mods a "The Sims 1" Civ, with units that say, "Tier ma! Mampus mampus." And "Acidima? Burghwati."
                          Esquire

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith

SMAC memories coming back? Or a more subtle citation I can't understand?

(BTW Thinkgeek.com sell a t-shirt showing this quote, but mentioned it as an obscure reference ).
                            It will be the battlecry of my Pictish hordes as they plunder enemy cities.
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              They'd speak babble, of course
                              Babble-lonian.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

german workers

ARBEIT!
                                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X