Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News: Your units will speak the nations language.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think using the animated advisors from civ2 and applying it to diplomacy sessions would be great.

imagine negotiating with an animated, whimpering chairman mao as he begs for peace before you roll tanks over his final city.

that could be worth the 50 bucks right there.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      *clicks a Swordsman* "How dare you click Ming the Merciless?"

Comment

This is excellent. It was a great plus in Age of Kings IMO, and it probably shows an attention to immersive details superior to previous Civ games
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Hum, Call to Power had fun voices. It was interesting, how many futuristic units had female voices...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I approve of this service and/or feature

This more or less guarantees I will be playing as the Germans non-stop.
            Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Oh. Why'd I go and read the article?

Now I think I want this game.
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna

Well, maybe the units will say things with Civ3-style, humoristic gamish stye

Originally posted by Solver
                *clicks a Tank* "Next version of Yin will suck"
                *clicks a Swordsman* "How dare you click Ming the Merciless?"

Originally posted by skrobism
                Oh. Why'd I go and read the article?

Now I think I want this game.
                OH THE HUMANITY!

I haven't been this excited about a game in a long while. Soren really seems to have a good handle on things. I hope it's not all just an illusion

Comment

Well, I'm cautious on this. EE had units that did this, and it got extremely annoying after a short while. Clicking on German troops and getting the nasal "Mein Commandant!" every single time was grating, to say the least.

Of course, if the voices can be turned off without turning off other sounds, that would be fine.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well if each unit has a different sound then it won't be the same right through the game, but if there are 100 units, and what is it 16? 18 civ's, (I'll say 18) then thats 100 x 18 nations = 1800. That's a lot of sounds; but I think there games (GTA:SA? it has 2-3gig worth) have just as many.
                    be free

Comment

*click a pessimistic archer* "Look, maybe the arrow will get there maybe it won't. I think that until we get better arrows, we should just forget this lousy mess."

*click on an archer named Solveriticus* "Listen, don't let your past arrow shots cloud your vision here. Sure they're a mile off hidden under a foot of hardened bronze shields, but your one arrow could turn the tide of this war!"

[First, I have to say that the speech there got me a little riled up, and I was just joking. Second, I'd love to hear that said all in Korean!]
                      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                        *click a pessimistic archer* "Look, maybe the arrow will get there maybe it won't. I think that until we get better arrows, we should just forget this lousy mess."

*click on an archer named Solveriticus* "Listen, don't let your past arrow shots cloud your vision here. Sure they're a mile off hidden under a foot of hardened bronze shields, but your one arrow could turn the tide of this war!"

[First, I have to say that the speech there got me a little riled up, and I was just joking. Second, I'd love to hear that said all in Korean!]

If you can bring yourself to tolerate Firaxis's civ for a while longer, I'd like to see what you can come up with for a unit sound pack

Comment

Nice one Yin .
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I like this; a fun and a bit weird thing that gives the game spirit!
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                              Well if each unit has a different sound then it won't be the same right through the game, but if there are 100 units, and what is it 16? 18 civ's, (I'll say 18) then thats 100 x 18 nations = 1800. That's a lot of sounds;
                              I'm really surprised of this "nations language": do they really mean they will translate in eighteen different Civ languages? (Ok maybe American English and Great English can sound roughly the same).

I'm betting a pizza Firaxis simply mean that they are translating voices for every translated version of the game, and someone on a fan site related too much from reality to an interesting wish...

Maybe I'm wrong, but let me underline I'm *not* ready to eat any manual nor game box at all
                              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Not a fan site, it is clearly stated on WorthPlaying, and they can be trusted.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X