Lets Write the Strategy Guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaybe
    I discarded my strategy guide for Civ3 a long time ago (and in a galaxy far away), and yes it was very bad. I have forgotten, was that a Brady Games publication? If so, I will enjoy the game much better just exploring it for myself thank you.

But then you will be missing out on obvious, self-evident tips that could enhance your game play.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Thanks HT, if the cIV guide is from Brady it should only be bad, but (with any luck) worth more than the paper it is written on.

Comment

with a list price of 25 USD, I'm not going to bet on that

Comment

I better wait for the real strategy guide, written by Aeson, alexman and, of course, Velociryx. And the best of all, it's free.

Comment

did Vel do a Civ3 strat guide?

Comment

Not in paper form, but he maintained three long and wonderful informative threads at Apolyton.

Who needs paper books nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                My copy of Civ3 strat guide is from Prima.
                That one is awful. Upon release we had plenty of 'lets laugh at the strat guide' threads.

Comment

I don't recall reading it after Day 4 of owning Civ3

Comment

Pheh, whatever happened to manuals?

I mean, my "Flight of the Intruder" for Amiga came with the friggin' book by Stephen Coonts! And Battlehawks 1942's manual has 154 pages, battle maps, stories from the Pacific War...
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

As much as I dislike their games....

Blizzard puts out a kick a$$ manual.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Re: Lets Write the Strategy Guide!

We should write a strategy guide to sell for when the game is released. It probably won't be any worse than say, This one
                        does this mean they were able to see or even play the game
                        to write a so called guide?
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

well it hasn't been released yet, so maybe they're only planning on doing a 208 page book. If it's already been written though, any "strategy" is going to suffer from the fact that THE GAME HASN'T BEEN FINISHED YET. I hope they've already taken screen shots, and that all the placeholder graphics are in their pictures.

Comment

... I hope they've already taken screen shots, and that all the placeholder graphics are in their pictures.
                            I'm sure they will, but they won't be printed in color so pics value=worthless.

The only possible value of a strat guide is for some further hints and anticipation BEFORE game release. If you have the gold and need a further fix, the strat guide can tide you over until you actually get the game. Then you try out stuff and discover that a third of the book was wrong (but hey, two-thirds was okay)!

Comment

The only TRUE civ3 strategy guide was created by VELOCYRIX (spelling?). He made an amazing guide with many great strategies that he discussed at length in this forum before including them into the guide. I know that he was selling the guide, don't know if its still available... He should definately be brought in on any civ4 guide that is being planned!
                              Jerh9e1k5

Comment

I'd prefer he finish Candle'bre first before doing anything with CIV

Comment

Working...
                                X