Lets Write the Strategy Guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Write the Strategy Guide!

We should write a strategy guide to sell for when the game is released. It probably won't be any worse than say, This one

Book Description

BradyGames’ Civilization IV Official Strategy Guide includes:

Features a complete listing of City Improvements, Military Units and Wonders of the World.
    Comprehensive coverage of the Research Tree, detailing each Scientific Advance.
    Achieve global domination through Cultural, Economic, Military or Scientific means.
    Strategies for building empires for both single player and multiplayer games!

# Paperback: 208 pages
    # Publisher: Brady Games (November 8, 2005)

There's even no sneak preview.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I've only got one word to say about this:

OMG!!!

Ok, some people might consider that to be three words and a smilie
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Features a complete listing of City Improvements, Military Units and Wonders of the World.
        Comprehensive coverage of the Research Tree, detailing each Scientific Advance.
        Achieve global domination through Cultural, Economic, Military or Scientific means.
        shouldn't this stuff be in the game manual? Or even on the huge fold out poster that we all love so dearly?

Comment

Let's write the "Apolyton Civ4 Strategy Guide: The real strategy that the guys from Brady Games forgot to include on their guide".
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I wonder... would Firaxis benefit from an association with fans to get a well-done strategy guide?

I think since a long time that strategy could ship with the game, instead of being restricted to Internet forums, fansites and so on.
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Strategy Tip:

Settlers are important for expanding your empire.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Another tip:

Corruption is bad.

Oh, wait, there is no corruption!

Comment

Please don't complain about this guide - it will provide hours of fun later when we can go through finding really absurd advice.

Comment

OMG, what some people will do for a quick buck... But as DrSpike says, we can point at it and laugh later
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Tip:

Offensive units are important for attacking enemy units.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Alright, who's going to shell out the dough for this laffer?

/me glares @ MrFun
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I discarded my strategy guide for Civ3 a long time ago (and in a galaxy far away), and yes it was very bad. I have forgotten, was that a Brady Games publication? If so, I will enjoy the game much better just exploring it for myself thank you.

Comment

There is a strategy guide for Galactic Civilizations, made by fans and found at the Orion Sector website, and it's serious material. Ok, it's not up to date if we consider that people found new stuff afterwards, but it really shows some serious depth (and not only for newbies).

So it shows pretty well that it can be done well, and I guess it shows how it was done.
                            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

My copy of Civ3 strat guide is from Prima.

Comment

Working...
                              X